Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks- here's my situation- 2012 V6 AWD wi 130,000. Runs fine but I got tboned last weekend (driver's side rear door). It was low speed. Car still steers/drives fine- doesn't pull. Another knucklehead sideswiped me 5 years ago on the passenger side :(

The adjuster hasn't come yet, but I'm guessing that the damage will not total the car. If that's the case, I'm left in a quandary:

The V6 has plenty of power to tow trailers (which I do on a pretty regular basis). I'm on the high way quite a bit for work, and prefer to have a 6 loafing along at lower revs than a 4 that is more stressed.

The Rav body is nice and compact- easy for me to park in the tight spaces I usually drive

I know the car and can work on it without any difficulty. It's paid off. Even with 130K, I can run it for well over 200.

With two repairs, I wouldn't get squat for it if i sell it.

I drive for work, so need something dependable that's good on long hauls (obviously, something that would be easier in a Highlander)

What do i do? Fix it and just run the wheels off it? Doesn't seem like there's anything new out there that quite fits the bill. A Highlander would set me back another $30. 4Runners are getting stupid money.

What do you all think I should do?

THANK YOU!

Jonathan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey folks- here's my situation- 2012 V6 AWD wi 130,000. Runs fine but I got tboned last weekend (driver's side rear door). It was low speed. Car still steers/drives fine- doesn't pull. Another knucklehead sideswiped me 5 years ago on the passenger side :(

The adjuster hasn't come yet, but I'm guessing that the damage will not total the car. If that's the case, I'm left in a quandary:

The V6 has plenty of power to tow trailers (which I do on a pretty regular basis). I'm on the high way quite a bit for work, and prefer to have a 6 loafing along at lower revs than a 4 that is more stressed.

The Rav body is nice and compact- easy for me to park in the tight spaces I usually drive

I know the car and can work on it without any difficulty. It's paid off. Even with 130K, I can run it for well over 200.

With two repairs, I wouldn't get squat for it if i sell it.

I drive for work, so need something dependable that's good on long hauls (obviously, something that would be easier in a Highlander)

What do i do? Fix it and just run the wheels off it? Doesn't seem like there's anything new out there that quite fits the bill. A Highlander would set me back another $30. 4Runners are getting stupid money.

What do you all think I should do?

THANK YOU!

Jonathan
You won't be able to sell it for a decent profit. Keep it till it dies. 4runners get terrible fuel economy and have a bland interior for their cost.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
You can't make a decision until the adjuster does his/her thing. Providing it gets repaired and not totalled I'd say drive it till it won't go no mo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts