Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is my first post :D !! Anywho, I have a 2002 Rav4 with the single disc changer, and I would like to somehow install the New JBL 6disc cd changer that comes with the new Rav4's as an option. I went to the Toyota dealer and they told me it wasnt possible because it was factory installed :( Is there any way to install it, or even PURCHASE the JBL system?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes it is possible, but I found an even better alternative. Check out the Scion 6CD post below and the photo of the radio in the 4.2 album.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scion Changer

I just got a Scion 6 disc changer and it fits the 04 RAV like a glove, if you use your original mounting brackets from the stock radio. Unless you have the optional 8 speaker JBL radio with the rear mounted amp, it's a simple plug & play. All the steering wheel controls, etc. will work. 10 min job and it's over!

It gets a bit more complicated with the optional 8 speaker option because the wiring won't match requiring new wiring harnesses and circuit splicing.

If you get the Scion changer, make sure that it was disconnected properly when it was removed from the Scion. Instructions are on the case how to do it properly and failure to do this may result in shipping damage. I know, since mine is suffering from the problem .

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As mentioned above there are other options you may want to consider if you want a stock-ish install. I believe the JBL 6disc requires the external amp which you probably don't have. You can pick them both up if you want (amp and 6 disc) for ~$440ish from oemvalue if you really want it (assuming they have it in stock).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts