Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Rav4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while out and about my husband and I ran into an issue with my 2011 Rav4. When I tried to lock the doors with the key fob it took a few tries to get the door to lock. When we came back, the car refused to unlock with the fob. So naturally, I manually unlocked the driver's side door and unlocked the rest of the doors with the switch in my door. When we got home, I tried locking the car with the switch in the driver's side door. The key was in my hand. The locks would lock, and then immediately unlock and my radio display (we put in a different stereo last year) came on of its own accord, the key was still in my hand and the radio isn't supposed to turn on without the key being turned in the ignition. I replaced the battery in the key fob and tried locking and unlocking the car again, but the car still refused to lock or unlock, and the door switch still wouldn't lock the doors without unlocking them a second later. I have to turn the key in the driver's side door to the left to get the doors to lock. Does anyone know what may be causing this issue? I only have the one key (I bought the car used so there's no valet key). Thank you!

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Rav4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
* Update * After checking the fuses, we found out it was one of our cell phone charging cables causing the issue the entire time. On a hunch I unplugged our cell phone chargers one at a time, and as soon as I unplugged the last one, everything started working again.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Rav4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did any fuse blew? If so which fuse.
So we did end up checking the fuses and none of them blew. It turns out one of my cell phone charging cables that were plugged into a USB port my husband installed, shorted out, and was screwing with the entire system. Needless to say, I tossed that cable after cursing in a very unladylike manner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts