Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the people who keep their keys attached to their belt loops. I had a situation where the key fob separated from the small door key and I was stuck at a horse show in a 200 acre field. We won't go into how I managed to get this situation rectified in the dark. So now I have my key taped to the fob by a thin piece of Gorilla Tape threaded through the small loop that's part of the key. Has anyone else had this happen? And any brilliant ideas as to how to keep the key attached. I've noticed that it doesn't take much pressure to release the key from the fob.....Thanks....

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
TrackR is handy for finding an object not too far away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all - I'm a contractor with a big fat wallet which goes in one front pocket (can't lose that) and an $700 smartphone in the other front pocket (can't lose that!) I have 3 or 4 active keys plus this key fob - (how about we go back to the $3 key?). I'm not going to put the keys in my back pocket! The simplest way to move around is to have the keys on a brass carabiner attached to a belt loop...... never had a belt loop failure only a key fob failure.....Have you ever noticed that lots of guys walk around with keys attached to their jeans belt loops? The best suggestion is to get a small case which has a separate attachment point so the small key doesn't slip out....

·
Registered
16 Posts
After hooking the carabiner to my belt loop I take those frequent buyer bar code cards and slip them behind my belt.
Then the stuff isn't dangling and serves as an extra connection.
Joe F

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had the same issue and thankfully my fob was sitting on the ground when I got back home (I wasn't driving the Rav4 obviously)

I'm trying to find a key loop to attached to the fob and my keys as a backup. http://jtzadvertising.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/USB-Flashdrive-Key-Loops.jpg

They're surprisingly hard to find and I don't want ot spend $20+ to buy some gimmicky accessory just for the 3 cent loop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts