Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2001 Rav 4 and I been trying to program a key fob but i can get it to work.
I can access programming mode just fine ( where door locks cycle ). However ,that's as far as I've ever gotten. According to the instructions you're supposed to press the lock and unlock buttons for 1.5s release and press lock button which should lock the doors indicating the keyfob has been programmed. I've done this step a bunch of times and nothing.

I thought the key fob had low batteries so I replaced them to no avail. I 've even considered the possibility that the chip inside the key fob was damaged or that it wasn't compatible with my car so I went ahead and bought a new key fob from eBay. Again nothing... at this point i don't know what to do any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response JuneBug but that link leads you to general forums. I have done the procedure shown on the pdf attached.

Attachments

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Sorry about that link--I fixed it. Did you remember to reverse steps 5 & 6? Did you try NOT reversing steps 5 & 6?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did, in fact I can access programming mode reversing steps 5 & 6 or with w/o reversing them. I can get to step 10 just fine, I've done step 10a but step 10b does nothing.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
All I can think of now would be to find a good locksmith shop that deals with automotive keys and remotes. They would be a lot cheaper than the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts