Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some folks have inquired about this option, so I thought I'd start its own thread since I got my dealer to do it.

I took mine in last week to have the keyless entry open all 5 doors with 1 click. I told the service guy that I did not want to pay for it...that this was an inconvenience. After they drove it off, it came back in about 10 minutes...now all doors open with 1 click. They didn't charge me. I dunno if they're supposed to or not, but I didn't ask.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
onlineaddy said:
What was it like before? Did it just unlock the two front doors?
The default is press once and the driver door opens, press again and the rest of the doors open.

This is a programable setting and you can have a dealer change it to press once and all of the doors open.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quickdtoo said:
Got mine done free too, along with turning off the beeping at lock and unlock.
I don't mind the beeping because it's not loud. I opted to keep it because there's been times I've hit the lock button while walking away from the Rav4 & I did not hear the beep. So obviously keeping the beep will let me know when it's actually locked & when it's not if I'm not looking at the Rav4.

·
Registered
161 Posts
rscotta831 said:
I don't mind the beeping because it's not loud. .
I like it much more than the horn honking like on my CRV or Subaru OB. At least with both of those, you could turn it off yourself by performing some sort of a voodoo sequence with the keyfob, brake pedal and some chicken bones. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
No charge here either, but that was only after the service guy argued with me that it they couldn't do it at all. I figured this is what they would say, so I had gone in with page bookmarked in the manual. The guy couldnt even admit he was wrong. Thought I'd get charged for sure.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mlot51 said:
No charge here either, but that was only after the service guy argued with me that it they couldn't do it at all. I figured this is what they would say, so I had gone in with page bookmarked in the manual. The guy couldnt even admit he was wrong. Thought I'd get charged for sure.
Ya, initially, the service guy told me over the phone that I could do it myself by reading the manual. :roll: I called him back & read to him exactly what the manual said. He said, "Oh, then you'll have to bring it in & speak with Tim, who's a mechanic who'll handle this."

I understand being on the phone all day dealing with customers because that's what I do...it is mentally exhausting...but at least get a good feel of what kind of advice to give the customer when you don't know the exact answer. Don't tell them to basically "look it up yourself." When in doubt, ask a co-worker or your boss instead of BSing the customer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rav 4 one touch door unlocking

I took my 2011 Rav to the dealer to have it done during my 1st service. They did not do the job although they said they did. Seemed like they didn't know what I was talking about. Next time I will photocopy the owners manual and attach it to the work order.
The job will likely cost me 20.00-50.00 since I am past the 1st service.
Could this be a plan to boost service income?
Toyota should make this a customer programmable item as it is a real nusance!

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,486 Posts
I took my 2011 Rav to the dealer to have it done during my 1st service. They did not do the job although they said they did. Seemed like they didn't know what I was talking about. Next time I will photocopy the owners manual and attach it to the work order.
Does it say the work was done on the copy of your service order? If so, bring that in and tell them the work was NOT done!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 Step door unlocking

The1 step unlocking and locking is finally done!
It took 3 trips.
The dealer also shut off most of the annoying warning buzzers including the seatbelt buzzer.
Now there are only warning lights.
I like the quiet unobtrusive car entry procedure.
My dealer did not charge for this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts