Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from WI. I have a problem with keyless entry on 2013 XLE. It lately will not lock or unlock driver side door and driver side passenger door. Fresh battery in FOB. Button inside on armrest also seems to have no effect on either door. Here is where it gets very puzzling. Once in a while after I go through car wash, both seem to work again for a while. Naturally, dealer wants to rip both doors apart @ $120.00 per hour, but I find it hard to believe that both doors would crap out at the same time. Ultimately, a person could live with this, as there is still a key hole, but I have to believe this has happened to someone else. All ideas / responses welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a day late and a dollar short for most of the posts I've read regarding keyless entry remote problems but I was having the same issue with my 2013 XLE. I tried the usual tricks, changed batteries in the remote, disconnected the car battery for 30 minutes and trying the other remote. I ended up taking the remote apart and cleaning the contact points, getting rid of the dust and dirt. It's been working fine so far. Hopefully this will be the last time I post on this problem. If anyone is till experiencing issues with their remotes try cleaning them. I don't know if this will help but what do you have to lose?
Hope this helps.
Jp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts