Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been brought up before. I have a 2015 AWD Limited. I bought it used in 2019 and when I would walk up to the car, it would unlock the driver's door within several steps from the door. Now i have to lean against the driver's door with the pocket that my keyless fob is in to get it to unlock. A couple of times, I get in the car, press the brake and hit the start button and nothing happens but a blinking key light on the dashboard and nothing happens. It did this again today and would just not start. Just for the hell of it, I opened the driver's door and hit the start button and it started! I have replaced the battery in my key fob. What good is the key hidden in the fob if I cant start the car once I get in? Am i missing a top secret starting method or am I just stuck? Is there a receiving unit in the car going bad? Stuck in the blazing hot Southeast!

·
Super Moderator
9,980 Posts
moved from 4.1 to 4.4

·
Registered
123 Posts
The key is needed so once your battery dies you could open the door and then open the hood and get a jump start. Or you leave the fob in the car and go swimming just with the metal insert.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts