Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new RAV4 last week and loving it...however we have a 15 month old child and at least one more on the way hopefully next year. What do you guys with kids do to keep your RAV4 clean? Are there any good seat covers to by that are custom fit for a new RAV? Any kind of strap on kick protectors to put on the seat? What do you all recommend?

Gonna try to keep my car as clean as possible...it's gonna be tough. There will be poop and puke in it before I know it most likely haha.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
We used strap on kick covers for the rear of the front seats. Mine have grown and I still use them due to sports messes they make.

Ill be honest, I put down plush seat colored bath towels, then put these covers on as well. The simple "fabric" ones don't do diddly and if you tighten your car seat down properly its going to leave indentations in the seat. These mitigate it but don't remove it. Also you will want something with a "tray" built into it so when liquids do spill you have a better chance at a small clean up versus a huge cleanup.

And yeah, its going to be a challenge to keep it clean. Just remember to check the cracks once in a while. You would be surprised at the messes that accumulate! Enjoy the young one(s). They only stay small for so long!

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
254 Posts
i used individual seat protections like the prince shown above but switched to a full bench version

·
Registered
2019 Toyota RAV4 XLE PREMIUM AWD
29 Posts
We used strap on kick covers for the rear of the front seats. Mine have grown and I still use them due to sports messes they make.

Ill be honest, I put down plush seat colored bath towels, then put these covers on as well. The simple "fabric" ones don't do diddly and if you tighten your car seat down properly its going to leave indentations in the seat. These mitigate it but don't remove it. Also you will want something with a "tray" built into it so when liquids do spill you have a better chance at a small clean up versus a huge cleanup.

And yeah, its going to be a challenge to keep it clean. Just remember to check the cracks once in a while. You would be surprised at the messes that accumulate! Enjoy the young one(s). They only stay small for so long!
Yeah i use something like that from target. Helps so much!

·
Registered
2019 Hybrid XLE
14 Posts
Don’t forget the covers that protect the back your front seats. The second I turned my kids facing forward, their feet were up there all the time. I also have the tray one. It’s contained a spill on more than one occasion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts