Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have change my knock sensor on my rav4 but still having the check engine light and the error. Please help

·
Registered
638 Posts
-- Have you tried re-setting the computer? If so, does the code 52 come back every time?

-- The easiest way to re-set the computer is to remove the EFI fuse in the engine bay fuse box. Wait a few seconds, then re-install the fuse.

-- What tool are you using to read the engine's computer codes?

-- Code 52 is normally associated with a system called Onboard Diagnostics 1 (OBD1). OBD1 usually applies only to vehicles made before 1996.

-- You say you have a 1998 Rav4. In the United States, this means it has OBD2 (not OBD1). If it is OBD2, then the connector for reading codes is near the driver's right knee. Is this the connector you are using for your code reading tool?

-- If your Rav4 has OBD2, then code P0052 means something else.

·
Super Moderator
745 Posts
- You say you have a 1998 Rav4. In the United States, this means it has OBD2 (not OBD1). If it is OBD2, then the connector for reading codes is near the driver's right knee. Is this the connector you are using for your code reading tool?
I see a Philippine national flag. No OBDII compliance required there up until 2016.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a OB1 , yes it's
-- Have you tried re-setting the computer? If so, does the code 52 come back every time?

-- The easiest way to re-set the computer is to remove the EFI fuse in the engine bay fuse box. Wait a few seconds, then re-install the fuse.

-- What tool are you using to read the engine's computer codes?

-- Code 52 is normally associated with a system called Onboard Diagnostics 1 (OBD1). OBD1 usually applies only to vehicles made before 1996.

-- You say you have a 1998 Rav4. In the United States, this means it has OBD2 (not OBD1). If it is OBD2, then the connector for reading codes is near the driver's right knee. Is this the connector you are using for your code reading tool?

-- If your Rav4 has OBD2, then code P0052 means something else.
Its a OB1 , i already tried to reset it but still having the same error , i am just using a paper clip to read the error on my dashboard

·
Registered
638 Posts
Reports I am seeing from 1990s or so Toyota owners indicate that one should inspect and check the wires to the knock sensor and make sure the connector's pins are engaging properly. As you know, the wire harness is in a bad location.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reports I am seeing from 1990s or so Toyota owners indicate that one should inspect and check the wires to the knock sensor and make sure the connector's pins are engaging properly. As you know, the wire harness is in a bad location.
That's why , the wiring is so hard to reach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts