Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, at least for 36 months unlimited miles.... it's time.. 150,600 miles, $22k in depreciation and 7 years later I'm trading her in tomorrow for a Rav 4 EV.. Blue... Man they're practically giving them away!!! Gotta love the CARB ZEV requirement...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well, at least for 36 months unlimited miles.... it's time.. 150,600 miles, $22k in depreciation and 7 years later I'm trading her in tomorrow for a Rav 4 EV.. Blue... Man they're practically giving them away!!! Gotta love the CARB ZEV requirement...
It's a hefty price tag at $50K in change, right? Too rich for my wallet. LOL, but I'll bet you're glad that this EV is still in the design of the superior looking 4:3 Gen :thumbs_up:

Apparently it's only for sale in Caulifornia?

Let us know all about it in contrast to the gas RAV.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so 50k... Ya that's what it starts at.. So I'm leasing it.

Your capitalized depreciation (Leased amount) for my unlimited mileage lease is 31k... (meaning 19k to buy it at end of lease)...they give you a 17.5k Cash bonus, which I applied to the lease.. So that puts you at 13.5k to finance on the lease... I traded in my rav for 6k, so that puts it at 7.5k... Here's the kicker

It's eligible for the 2.5k California air resources board Rebate, which is a check in the mail... (Because leases over 36 months are eligible).. Then I also now live in the San Joaquin Valley, which makes me eligible for the San Joquin Valley Air Pollution Control Districts 3k rebate.. So my total NET COST for the 3 year lease is 2.5k... Without accounting for gas savings
Practically FREE!

Also they sold it for 48.3k So technically i guess that would make it a $800 car..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not quite as fast as my 4.3 gen V6.. But it's got some awesome torque.. i wish it was RWD like it's Tesla Model S counterpart. It carries the same motor as the model S.. just electronically "detuned"

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
It's amazing how california gives away free money while financially broke.
I guess the same goes for USA giving foreign help while broke.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Even more amazingly, there are some southern states (with strong oil lobby), where you pay more tax on hybrid/electric cars.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It's amazing how california gives away free money while financially broke.
I guess the same goes for USA giving foreign help while broke.
Is foreign help the new euphemism for going to war every other month?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even more amazingly, there are some southern states (with strong oil lobby), where you pay more tax on hybrid/electric cars.

Ya Western states have talked about doing it.. The argument they have is that "all these EV's aren't paying the gas tax" since we pay like 40 cents a gallon on tax here in CA.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I stand corrected... 70 cents
Yep, the hybrids and all-electric 'green' cars are freeloading on highway maintenance which is paid for with gasoline taxes.

Instead of the Feds threatening to raise the gas tax It's time to mandate a yearly, road maintenance, surcharge on these freeloaders. It's only fair.:thumbs_up:

Tom

Reactions: TrdLtly

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Yep, the hybrids and all-electric 'green' cars are freeloading on highway maintenance which is paid for with gasoline taxes.

Instead of the Feds threatening to raise the gas tax It's time to mandate a yearly, road maintenance, surcharge on these freeloaders. It's only fair.:thumbs_up:

Tom
Freeloaders?
Look at the bigger picture. If everyone in US did their share and switched to fuel efficient cars, no more oil dependency and subsidizing Arabs and Russians and their wars and terrorists.
This is why gasoline taxes should be raised to nudge people in the right direction.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Freeloaders?
Look at the bigger picture. If everyone in US did their share and switched to fuel efficient cars, no more oil dependency and subsidizing Arabs and Russians and their wars and terrorists.
This is why gasoline taxes should be raised to nudge people in the right direction.
No sir, I don't want big government decreeing some nirvana joyous dreamland then legislating us, forcing us, to comply with the dream. How about "nudging" your family in my idea for the "right direction" :surprise?

And big government forcing a gas tax hike will hurt the poor and middle class the most....it will raise the cost of food for pity sakes and the low wage working class will not be able to afford to drive!

I notice that those wanting to force us to remove our 'oil dependency' don't, themselves, remove their oil dependency. All of our economic prosperity comes from oil dependency...all of it. Your food, your home, your clothing, your computer, your car....everything depends on oil. NO, do not deprive others of this prosperity but you have a choice to put up or shut up.

It's time to make the freeloaders pay their fair share of road maintenance costs, it's the fair thing to do.

Tom

Reactions: Rebelcuz

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
We all know what the human nature is. Give them cheap gas and they will waste it in gas guzzlers.

If someone is not able to afford gas for their monster trucks, sorry, there are more fuel efficient cars.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Freeloaders?
"fuel efficient cars"
Do you mean switch to solely electric? Cuz, when it comes to oil dependancy you are either dependant or your not.

And nudge people where??? Cars today are the most fuel efficient ever, so much so that there is a massive, MASSIVE oil surplus.

Now electric cars. Phfffft. When a Prius or Chevy Volt costs as much as a Dodge Dart or Corolla, and the infrastructure is in place to provide the same service and number of re-fueling stations as those for gas-powered vehicles, then we'll talk. Oh... and when they develop a way to fully charge an electric battery in 15 minutes of less, you let us know. Until then... you'll get further faster with a horse drawn carriage.

The "electric car" industry is sooooo next century. Forget the notion of it being "in its infancy". The electric car concept is barely in the embryonic stage and you think we should be nudged toward investing in diapers?

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
I just bought a Prius 3 last week :D and I have to say that thing is awesome!

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Yes, prius is my daily driver. I doubled MPG going from corolla to prius (in city commute).

This reminds me an old post of someone complaining about poor MPG in RAV4, how she was disappointed how new cars with modern technology have the same MPG as her older cars. I corrected her that RAV4 doesn't have that modern technology and that the new technology is now called "hybrid." That poster newer came back. Not sure if she traded her RAV4 for something else.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts