Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 rav 4 sport.
What do people think of the ride with kyb struts compared to the factory sport strut. I thought the ride was ruff when ever i hit a bump it was hard. What do you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
2011 rav 4 sport.
What do people think of the ride with kyb struts compared to the factory sport strut. I thought the ride was ruff when ever i hit a bump it was hard. What do you think

I think RAV4 rides stiff as it is and not sure I would want any stiffer Thanks for sharing. I almost went with kybs but in the end got a set from Firestone 4 years ago. Not sure why Honda can make their similar truck crv ride much softer and Toyota makes all of their trucks to ride stiff?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
On my 2009 V6 Sport SAP - it has Tokico blues.

They are definitely stiffer than even my Limited 4Runner...

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
The blue shocks and struts are available only on the Sport model. They are much more stiffer than the Base/Ltd struts/shocks. You may want to consider the Toyota struts/shocks for the LTD/Base model which has a better ride.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The blue shocks and struts are available only on the Sport model. They are much more stiffer than the Base/Ltd struts/shocks. You may want to consider the Toyota struts/shocks for the LTD/Base model which has a better ride.
^This

KYB Excel-G or the black Tokico's from the base or limited model should help out with some slightly more forgiving valving than the Sport blue Tokico struts and shocks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed out the struts and shock. My wife gets and goes wow. Its a huge difference. Kyb was a good choice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts