Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I saw this mentioned on a different board and thought I'd ask here. I have a 97 RAV4 with the "L" package. I have never been able to figure out what that "L" package added to my RAV. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
The "L" package has evolved over the years.

I think it was first offered in 1997. I can't find any reference to exactly what the '97 package included, as I think this package arrived in the middle of the model year after the brochures had been designed/printed. My recollection is it included a CD player, cladding stripes which included the "L" logo. Do you also have the chrome "L" on the rear door? (Other packages offered in 1997 were the "All-Weather Guard", "Style Package", "Active Package", "Rugged Package", "Convenience Package" and "Upgrade Package".)

By 1998 the "L" package included color-keyed mirrors, door handles, bumpers and cladding, optional leather-trimmed seats, CD, privacy glass, Bradley 5-spoke alloy wheels. Do you have any of this stuff?

If you check our LINKS section, we have the official US brochures for 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 scanned in. I've got a 1997 brochure, just haven't got it scanned yet. It has NO mention of the "L" model. Maybe someone that has the 1997 "L" will reply. :?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm trying to remember exactly what Ricky's '97 had, because at the time we were told it had everything the '97 "L" had other than the logos. In '97 I *think* all "L" models were black, but it may have been both black and silver. Basically it was just a loaded Rav with A/C, tilt, cruise, power sun roof, power locks/windows, side sport bars, striped cladding graphics, alloys, hard spare tire cover...I think that's about it. There was probably something with the stereo as well but we didn't keep it long enough for me to remember that.

Becky

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
The "L" package has evolved over the years.

By 1998 the "L" package included color-keyed mirrors, door handles, bumpers and cladding, optional leather-trimmed seats, CD, privacy glass, Bradley 5-spoke alloy wheels. Do you have any of this stuff?
Quoting from my 1998 RAV4 Orignal window price sticker:

VQ SPECIAL EDITION RAV4 L PACKAGE 3,697.00
INCLUDES: AIR CONDITIONER,
DELUXE ETR/CASSETTE W/4
SPEAKERS, COLOR KEY
CLADDING/BUMPER, BRADLEY
ALLOY WHEELS (4), CRUISE
CONTROL, POWER WINDOWS, DOOR
LOCKS & MIRRORS, CLOTH
HEADRESTS, PRIVACY GLASS,
SOFT SPARE TIRE COVER, &
CARPETED FLOOR MATS

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that all sounds about right. I didn't get a sunroof, but most all of the other stuff.
A/C
power windows/locks/mirrors
am/fm/cd (first thing to go)
cladding stripes
hard spare cover
chrome "L"
tilt
cruise
alloys

Guess I didn't realize what a great RAV I was getting.
Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know why but KYB makes different shocks for "normal" and "L" RAV-4

When I've checked about KYB rear shocks for our RAV-4 1997, the saleman asked me if my RAV-4 is a L model.

http://www.kyb.com/catalog/index.php?Action=Submit&MakeID=Toyota&ModelID=825&x=55&y=12

The problem is the L model was not clearly existed in Canada.

So, I've decided to install original Toyota shocks and my Toyota dealer only asked me if the truck is equipped with optionnal 235/60R16 tires.

So, L has a different suspension has "normal" RAV?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts