Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately i have noticed that my blower on my heater is not nearly as strong anymore. I have replaced the blower motor and tried pulling the cabin air filter but no difference. And also my door window defrost vents don't work, it only comes out the upper vents but won't switch to the vents aimed at the windows. Any suggestions? Thanks. 07 sport v6

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Does the air flow come from the proper locations as you move the selector. These locations would be, feet, face, and defrost. I don't recall a specific setting for air to flow from the "side window" defroster went.

Air flow can be reduced if there is any type of blockage over the intake air vents at the base of the windshield. Make sure thus area is free of snow, ice, and leaves.

Airflow cannot enter the vehicle , if airflow cannot also exit the vehicle. The RAV has vents located under the side plastic side panels in the cargo area. These vents allow air flow to the exterior. If the vanes on these vents have become frozen closed, then no new air would be allowed into the RAV from the outside.

If the problem is caused by blocked or frozen vents, then opening a window will allow an alternate release of air. Do you get more airflow when you open a window?.

Do you get normal airflow in the re-circulation mode?.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea the selector is working properly with the exception of sometimes i have to turn my dial all the way to face then back to face/feet split to get the air to go thru both sets of vents. Opening a window does not increase the air flow either. I still have to check the intake under the windshield.

As for the side defrost, when my windows are fogging up, i have to aim the side face vents at the windows

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Did you find a solution?

I just started having a similar issue, 2006 Rav4 sport, heat and AC worked fine yesterday but all of a sudden today, I am getting hardly any air out of the vents on any setting (feet, face etc) or speed. I can hear the blower making the blowing noise, but only a tiny but of air is coming out the vents.

Thanks for any info for this first time poster!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not figured it out but it almost seems it might be weather related. I don't have the luxury of being able to park in a garage very often but it seems as though it works better once it's been inside somewhere warm for a while

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have the same thing if the blowers on 1 or 2. If i put it on 3 and 4 it comes out fine and get plenty of heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i took the cowell off a couple weeks ago and looked and although i only peeked quick, it looked pretty clear right down to the cabin air filter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fortunately in my case, I checked the cabin air filter and it was gross and soaking wet (we had a massive rain storm the before). I replaced it with a purolator (Part No C35667) and it did the trick with the heat/AC, BUT, the next morning the check engine, 4wd and VSC light all came on after driving about 20 minutes.

I've found some threads with others having the same issue so hopefully that solves the issue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fortunately in my case, I checked the cabin air filter and it was gross and soaking wet (we had a massive rain storm the before). I replaced it with a purolator (Part No C35667) and it did the trick with the heat/AC, BUT, the next morning the check engine, 4wd and VSC light all came on after driving about 20 minutes.
Sorry for the late reply. That sucks about your lights, I hope you've figured out what was wrong. I have a relatively new cabin air filter in so I know it's not that (checked recently too). I still have not figured out what's going on with mine. But it's starting to get nicer out now so I don't notice so much anymore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2009 Toyota RAV4 v6 limited, the air is blowing very well on my foot 🦶 but very little air is coming out from the dashboard vent,
Please do u have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks

Does the air flow come from the proper locations as you move the selector. These locations would be, feet, face, and defrost. I don't recall a specific setting for air to flow from the "side window" defroster went.

Air flow can be reduced if there is any type of blockage over the intake air vents at the base of the windshield. Make sure thus area is free of snow, ice, and leaves.

Airflow cannot enter the vehicle , if airflow cannot also exit the vehicle. The RAV has vents located under the side plastic side panels in the cargo area. These vents allow air flow to the exterior. If the vanes on these vents have become frozen closed, then no new air would be allowed into the RAV from the outside.

If the problem is caused by blocked or frozen vents, then opening a window will allow an alternate release of air. Do you get more airflow when you open a window?.

Do you get normal airflow in the re-circulation mode?.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2009 RAV4 v6 limited that I’m having problem with the dashboard air vent, it dose blowing air very well on my foot 🦶 but blowing very little from the dashboard vent, please anybody with an idea of what might be the problem?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Something like this:
Right side
Left side

·
Registered
5 Posts
Something like this:
Right side
Left side