Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am now thinking of installing Lambo Doors system (GT Factory proly). How do you think it will look? plz all comments are welcome, this will help me decide to do it or not. And will there be any problems installing and using it? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it would look sweet, I would do it to mine but here in Switzerland not only would the cops bust my ass in 3.2sec... but the f&çkin' neighbours would even turn me in!! That's just the way Swiss people are. If you do it, I'd LOVE to see pics dude!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on rav4? you'd hit the ceiling all the time... and sure will attract alot of attention... I never seen SUV with lambo door... it'd look wierd

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dhaslbeck said:
Lambo doors?
Lambourghini (sp?)-style doors... you know, the ones that swing sorta upwards...

Mind you, I don't think they would look too badly on a 4.2 RAV4 (compared to other SUVs), 'though I've yet to see one with Lambo doors.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol... you never know... until he does the mod... try it man... so we can all see what it looks like...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Heinznfries44 said:
I think it would look sweet, I would do it to mine but here in Switzerland not only would the cops bust my ass in 3.2sec... but the f&çkin' neighbours would even turn me in!! That's just the way Swiss people are. If you do it, I'd LOVE to see pics dude!!
I never knew that they are illegal in Switzerland. :!: Does any1 know if they are illegal in US :?: :?: :?: I've seen bunch of civics with'em and my friend has a prelude with lambo doors.

I think it would look wicked with lambo doors, but it would be unconfy to get in or out :( :?

·
Registered
875 Posts
lambo doors on a 4 door eh?...hmm, yeah i agree it would look crazy. but that wouldn't stop me from getting it! it's all a money issue. I'd love to see it! I can just imagine my reactin. It would be something like, "Holy mother @#[email protected]#$ Damn! that looks...."

I'm not gunna tell you to waste your money, but i definitely would want to see it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There's a place in Anaheim, California (just a couple blocks east of Disneyland on Ball Rd.) that always has a bunch of different vehicles (coupes, SUVs, sedans) out front with that style of door. I assume the place installs them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
hobie411 said:
I agree. What a waste of money. If u want your car to look like a Lambo then save up and buy a Lambo. Otherwise it looks like you're trying too hard. Please don't do it.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Mohit said:
hobie411 said:
I agree. What a waste of money. If u want your car to look like a Lambo then save up and buy a Lambo. Otherwise it looks like you're trying too hard. Please don't do it.
Another vote for "gay".

RAV's are small SUVs, not sports cars and especially not Lambos.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I really don't think Lambo doors would do anything for a RAV, but everyone has a different taste in auto style. :wink:

Zoomie, I just found a listing in a 2003 SEMA publication:
Audioland & Motorsports, Anaheim, California
714/991-0371
Fax: 714/991-0374
• Retail sales of wheels, tires, car audio, multimedia, alarms, tint and aftermarket accessories.

That place is only about a block from where I work. I think their main business is car audio sales and installation , but they're also supposed to be manufacturers & distributors/retailers of aftermarket stuff.

It's across from a Weyrhauser cardboard box factory and next door to the Flamingo Theater. :roll: (Yes, there are several "adult theaters" within just blocks of Disneyland.)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Liz: wow, you gave a lot more information than I expected. you even supplied a contact name! Wonderful. I may drop by next time i'm in socal. thanks again.

everyone else: lambo doors may not be so hot on a rav4 in the traditional race car kinda way, but i still think it'd be cool to look at and have. there aren't that many people that are willing to be ridiculed for not going with the status quo. I say if you've really wanted it for awhile, it'll make you happy for more than a bit and you've budgeted for it and all finances are going well, go for it. i support ya.

·
Registered
875 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts