Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 hybrid. My windshield got cracked and after that the LDA function has not worked. Looking at the setup features it looks like it should be working, but I get no alerts. I get the alert every time I go below 32 mph, but no alert when I leave the lane. I had the electronics "reprogrammed" today to work with the new windshield, but no change. Ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If the windshield camera is obstructed, it won't be able to read the lanes. If the white lines in the display aren't lit up, it is not seeing them. This can also be caused by condensation on the windshield. If you didn't have a Toyota dealer install the windshield, I would have them look at it to ensure it had been installed properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a 2016 Limited Hybrid, and the windshield was replaced while at my home. I watched the removal and reinstallation of the camera as I was concerned that if it was out of alignment the LDW would malfunction. The socket that the camera sits in comes preinstalled on the windshield and the camera just slides into it. There did not seem to be any adjustment screws on the socket for realigning the camera. When the person first reinstalled the camera, he did not seem to have slid the camera into place properly. It looked tilted on one side. He then removed the camera and slid it in again. Maybe yours is in there slanted like mine was the first time. You can remove the cover and check it out yourself. It is easy to remove and reinstall.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Even though it is aligned digitally, it still has to be installed in the socket correctly. The guy who installed my windshield told me that he had never seen one that had to be realigned. As I said, make sure it was inserted properly in the socket properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts