Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Indeed. Is there a way to get the warning in cruise control, but don't let it control the steering? It would be nice to still have it on long trips, but cruise control drives like a drunk driver with lane departure on and I have to constantly fight the computer just to drive straight. It very tiresome...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed. Is there a way to get the warning in cruise control, but don't let it control the steering? It would be nice to still have it on long trips, but cruise control drives like a drunk driver with lane departure on and I have to constantly fight the computer just to drive straight. It very tiresome...
exactly my point !! I'm hoping there is a software update!!

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
LDA and LTA are two different functions, LTA works with DRCC, LDA is part of LTA, you'd best read the owner's manual and learn how everything works, there are Toyota videos on Youtube that explain how each function works as well.

·
Registered
2919 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
880 Posts
Land Departure Alert gives you a warning you are straying over a line without a turn signal on.

Lane Tracking Assist keeps you within the lines, puts resistance in the steering if you try to control when LTA is on.

My LTA keeps me to the left of what I think is the center between the boundary lines and it is especially annoying when an 18 wheeler is trying to blow by me in the left of me lane. I wonder if it is something that can be adjusted as an above poster says his keeps him too far right. But I like LDA and use LTA only on interstates.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Land Departure Alert gives you a warning you are straying over a line without a turn signal on.

Lane Tracking Assist keeps you within the lines, puts resistance in the steering if you try to control when LTA is on.

My LTA keeps me to the left of what I think is the center between the boundary lines and it is especially annoying when an 18 wheeler is trying to blow by me in the left of me lane. I wonder if it is something that can be adjusted as an above poster says his keeps him too far right. But I like LDA and use LTA only on interstates.
put a water bottle in the steering wheel and let the system drive itself...

:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
66 Posts
The LTA is a novelty whose practicality wears off pretty quickly. It works under ideal conditions, but if I've yet to have a daily commute in such ideal conditions. Just as I've had the Lane Departure Alert system in my 2016 prius turned off after the first couple of weeks, this stays off too unless I'm eyeing some pretty interesting skies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m glad it’s not just me. I feel like my Rav is hugging the center line. Wish I could adjust it to the center of the lane or a little closer to the fog line: I’d rather hug that!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The LTA is a novelty whose practicality wears off pretty quickly. It works under ideal conditions, but if I've yet to have a daily commute in such ideal conditions. Just as I've had the Lane Departure Alert system in my 2016 prius turned off after the first couple of weeks, this stays off too unless I'm eyeing some pretty interesting skies.
Maybe for you. I use LTA for all my road trips and I don't see myself buying another car without it, unlike the digital mirror which turned out to be crappy feature.

Certainly it's not as good as Tesla's though, hopefully they can improve it with updates.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Maybe for you. I use LTA for all my road trips and I don't see myself buying another car without it, unlike the digital mirror which turned out to be crappy feature.

Certainly it's not as good as Tesla's though, hopefully they can improve it with updates.
I won’t use it in its present form. If they can recalibrate/focus the system I might find it useful vs just dangerous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I won’t use it in its present form. If they can recalibrate/focus the system I might find it useful vs just dangerous.
Same here. It has an attraction to semis when I am overtaking. Not much room for error there. It also loves to dive off to follow exit lines. I think they can do better than this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I took a country road out of town the other night. First time using the lane tracking and I thought it did a pretty good job. It was spooky turning even limited control to the car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts