Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Wolfhound is huge. I'm thinking of getting a female Bernese Mountain which weighs about 80lbs. Similar size to a golden retriever. Anyone has experience fitting a similar size dog into their RAV4 Hybrid trunk?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got the original dog guard (without divider) installed in my 2017 hybrid AWD Executive.
I have a 90 Ib Jaktgolden.
You can see it in this video:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Your Wolfhound is huge. I'm thinking of getting a female Bernese Mountain which weighs about 80lbs. Similar size to a golden retriever. Anyone has experience fitting a similar size dog into their RAV4 Hybrid trunk?
This brings up an interesting point. My recently deceased Great Pyrenees was a giant, certainly larger (but not better) than a Wolfhound) but he settled down to rest comfortably, and often appreciated the rear passenger window open. I think it gave him a feeling of more space, a friendlier confinement. (Oh, just never mind the spittle spread over the side of the vehicle.) :)

The bottom line - he was happier in the back of a GMC Suburban with the seats down. No RAV4 can match that. But dogs are compliant. The right ones love being with us.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's a Euro/UK part, apparently not available in the US locally.
That could be the case.
But I wonder why ?
Yes I know US customers pay way less for the cars that we do but US dealers should be obliged to provide same accessories I think.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
That could be the case.
But I wonder why ?
Yes I know US customers pay way less for the cars that we do but US dealers should be obliged to provide same accessories I think.

It's not the first non-US accessory, Canadian dealers offer a cargo liner that also covers the seat backs, it's not available in the US, can be ordered from Canada tho.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/236953-weathertech-liners-now-available-rav4-hybrid.html#post2259241

1 - 12 of 12 Posts