Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the largest size tires I can fit comfortably on my stock 18" wheels. I know for the 17" a 235/65R17 works well. I found 245/60R18 Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires so far. I am looking for something that will be a great all around driving, but also excel in snow/ice and mud. I know there isnt a "do all" tire that will really accommodate my needs, but I have hope you guys can help me out here. I dont have access/funds to buy 17" wheels. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are pretty nice. I am looking for more hight at this point since I will be doing the Deaver Suspension lift soon. I think I am going to hold off on tires until the lift is done so that I can see how much room I have

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
What does this Deaver lift comprise of. Most suspension type lifts simply redistributes the amount of drop travel one has verses bump travel. The wheel still follows the same travel path. Thus it might appear that you have room for bigger tires when the car is sitting static. But once you drive and use the suspension you will get some rubbing.

Trimming fenders/wheel wells, and a body lift are the only true options for going bigger in tire size. And for the RAV a body lift option is not possible.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Deaver kit comes with taller springs, new struts, amd new shocks. Because of this, none ofnthe cv angles are in danger and everything works as normal. I was looking for 235/65R18 wheels but they do not make an aggressive tread pattern in that size

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yep exactly. You can fit the same size tire you would be able to with or without this lift. The lift just sets the "sag" at a higher point.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basically, but withoutany rubbing im trying to see what size tire I can fit on the 18inch wheels, most people who upgrade to more side wall height have done so with a 17 inch wheel not 18

1 - 9 of 9 Posts