Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have a 2010 Rav4 limited with NAV. I am the second owner and this is a brand new vehicle for me. I just discovered that the NAV system works off DVD and mine appears old: U82.

I am seeing a lot of various DVDs available on Ebay. What is the latest for our cars? ... or is there a better way of pulling updates for the NAV?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a U86 disk for $12.50 from ebay. My research shows that this is the latest DVD disk for the OEM Nav system.

If this does not improve things a bit, I might just bite the bullet and replace the NAV system with an Android based one from Alibaba.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I bought a U86 disk for $12.50 from ebay. My research shows that this is the latest DVD disk for the OEM Nav system.

If this does not improve things a bit, I might just bite the bullet and replace the NAV system with an Android based one from Alibaba.
or.....go to Costco and get a Garmin for a hundred bucks or so.>:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I hear you on the NAV replacement itself. I sort of like clean dashboards without any wires running around and extra stuff that does not belong there.

I'll wait for the U86 disk to arrive to make a final decision. Likely I'll just rip out the whole thing since it is also missing bluetooth and USB.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Unfortunately mine came with an Eclipse Nav unit, great unit, just the maps are 2008 and the last update was 2010 before being discontinued.

·
Registered
24 Posts
U86?

Yeah, I hear you on the NAV replacement itself. I sort of like clean dashboards without any wires running around and extra stuff that does not belong there.

I'll wait for the U86 disk to arrive to make a final decision. Likely I'll just rip out the whole thing since it is also missing bluetooth and USB.
Can you provide a link for ordering the U86 disc?
I've been searching and can only find the U84.
Thank you!:nerd

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,718 Posts
Thanks for digging that up.
I've since discovered that my 2012 takes updates thru the USB port located within the console.
Downloaded via a flashdrive the Entune 5.2 update last night and input it into my head unit, but I'm not seeing any 'map' updates.:frown
Entune is Entune. It has nothing to do with the NAV maps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
U86 is the latest. $12.99 for a bootleg copy from ebay. Works fine. I've tested it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks for digging that up.
I've since discovered that my 2012 takes updates thru the USB port located within the console.
Downloaded via a flashdrive the Entune 5.2 update last night and input it into my head unit, but I'm not seeing any 'map' updates.:frown
Where'd you get the 5.2 update from?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts