Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest Quick & Cheap Mod

Here's my latest mod, $6 and a hours time.

Blacked out emblems(sprayed with Plasti dip.

Some of my other mods:

-Front windows tinted
-LED fog light bulbs
-Interior Bulbs
-Remote Start w DroneMobile smartphone module
-Speakers swapped out and Alpine mini amp installed
-Trailer Harness Installed
-Front and Rear power outlets converted to constant 12v.

Coming Soon:

-Torklift Trailer Hitch.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Latest Quick & Cheap Mod

Looks good. Decided to just take mine off. Will dip the Toyota emblems once nicer weather gets here

Also just received these...

Seem to work well so far.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. Decided to just take mine off. Will dip the Toyota emblems once nicer weather gets here

Also just received these...

Seem to work well so far.
Looks good, I usually delete the emblems but I wanted to see how the blacked out emblems looked against the red.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looks good, I usually delete the emblems but I wanted to see how the blacked out emblems looked against the red.

I was so up in the air about this too, figured If I wanted to go Black I can dip them off the Rav and stick them back on.
Looking forward to seeing your other planned mods. I have very similar things in mind. Windows tinted already.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi guys
I see black part on your cars at rear gate between rear lights
it is your own mod's or it is stock?

I mean this:

Yes, all stock. Can we see a picture of yours? Just curious to know what other options there would be.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks!

in Russia i see second spoiler installed at this place, but can't find it in the internet.
like this:

That rear moulding looks like it is particular to models over there. I have never seen that "spoiler" type middle pc like that on any of the RAVs here in Canada. Also don't believe I have seen it on any pics of US models. Looks cool!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Here is my Iron Horse, wait me under window :)

Also wondering if those "Chrome" strips by the headlights on your Black front bumper pc come stock or you added those.
They look good as well.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Here is my Iron Horse, wait me under window :)
That's a beautiful RAV4, Yurik! Do your outside mirrors automatically fold in? I would be afraid to park that close to other cars. Around here, people will carelessly open their doors and dent the car next to them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's a beautiful RAV4, Yurik! Do your outside mirrors automatically fold in? I would be afraid to park that close to other cars. Around here, people will carelessly open their doors and dent the car next to them.

That's why they invented the side moldings, those things have saved me more than one occasion from scratches and dents. I also close the mirrors on tight spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
The black at the rear, between the lights are SE models and above only. My friend has the SE and I have the XLE so I started comparing differences.

What I may do, is either vinyl wrap that section on my XLE. Or plastidip. Remove it if I don't like it :)

Did some photoshop to get a preview (pics attached). Already blacked out the emblems with plastidip.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good, did you also do the front emblem? I have a 16' LE in that color and I've been thinking about doing this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did not do the front. the 2017 models (all trims) have the radar or something that emits from the emblem! I wanted to plastidip them but I can't. So I plan on plastidipping the black trim around the emblem and the chrome pieces that's suppose to accent the headlights.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Never realized the trim piece between taillights was body colored on the XLE.

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I see you have headlight washers and rain sensing wipers. Nice! Do you have auto leveling headlights?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts