Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before today I haven't been on for a while and in that time the RAV has changed markedly in shape as demonstrated by the latest models. I still have my Aussy Type III import from 2006, still in great condition.

This is going to be a controversial statement but compared to what I consider mine to be which is a shape pleasing to the eye the latest shape is quite ugly. Don't think I'll be "upgrading".

I know - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Before today I haven't been on for a while and in that time the RAV has changed markedly in shape as demonstrated by the latest models. I still have my Aussy Type III import from 2006, still in great condition.

This is going to be a controversial statement but compared to what I consider mine to be which is a shape pleasing to the eye the latest shape is quite ugly. Don't think I'll be "upgrading".

I know - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What matters in this instance is what pleases you regarding your RAV's shape, and you will save a heap of money by having it rather than by spending a lot for a new one! :wink

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I agree. I still like the 4.1 body style but, then I have a CUTE 1997 Two Door and also a 4.2 2005. The new ones are looking further and further from looking like a RAV4 or even a Toyota. My girlfriend thinks they look like a Subaru. I'll stick with my "old" ones....unless they come out with a new two door....na, not even then.....:wink

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i like the new ones a lot...love the 16 instrument cluster and overall interior setup...however that 2.5 is just too weak for my needs or wants...my next ride will most likely be v6 cherokee, turbo santa fe, sorrento or possibly a highlander...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i like the new ones a lot...love the 16 instrument cluster and overall interior setup...however that 2.5 is just too weak for my needs or wants...my next ride will most likely be v6 cherokee, turbo santa fe, sorrento or possibly a highlander...
I agree, but unfortunately I think the days of V6s in general will be growing dimmer.:crying

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I agree, but unfortunately I think the days of V6s in general will be growing dimmer.:crying
AND will be getting more expensive. I think not far down the road there'll be a "gas guzzler fee" on anything that can get out of it's own way. There is some hope for hybrid and electric combinations that can get out of their own way, but of course new tech comes at a cost, therefore the "fee" is just baked into the price of the vehicle and the price of repairs.

Toyota changed the RAV4 *so* much for the 4.4 models that many owners of previous versions won't be buying new ones, for a variety of reasons.

I sure won't be.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't like the trend to high-revving, turbocharged 4 cylinders for power....premium gas is required and the turbo adds more complication, maintenance and long term reliability issues in my opinion.

Hybrids may help get more power in the RAV but not yet it looks like.

As usual, 'change' is usually a bad thing.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts