Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has put any time or effort into find a way to make the back seats lay flat (like a bed).

I realize the front goes flat but its really isnt that great if you;re over about 5'8"... unless the back went flat too.

Cheers,
p.

·
Registered
771 Posts
You make the front ones go flat like it shows in the book and then put the back seats in full recline and then sit in the back and put your legs on the front ones. Its like a $30,000 Lazy-Boy. A bit weird but comfy just the same. Bad thing is, it only sleeps two comfortably. Been there, done that!

Later. M.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
The main problem is that the rear seatbacks are hinged a couple inches above the surface of the lower cushions... If you could somehow lower the seatback hinge or raise the lower seat cushions, you'd have what you're looking for... (But would probably compromise the safety and/or comfort of rear seat passengers! :shock: )

Maybe just add a low wedge-shaped hunk of foam across the back seats?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Marcutio said:
..... then put the back seats in full recline and then sit in the back and put your legs on the front ones. Its like a $30,000 Lazy-Boy.
If you want a photo of that, i borrowed one from someone on this website and posted it on the cardomain.com site. If the photo belongs to you, let me know so i can give you credit. it looks professionally taken though,....so not sure....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts