Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the lack of all the options and extras and tiny radio screen and standard dash instead of digital the LE model is far superior in the mpg race due to far less electrical usage according to a recent study!! 28 degrees in eco mode

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ah, that's how they do it!
So does the LE stand for Less Electricity?
Now I know why my XLE, which came with headlights, gets such bad mileage. It uses Extra Load of Electricity.
If I shut off the radio and take the bulbs out of the tail lights and brake lights, will that help?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, that's how they do it!
So does the LE stand for Less Electricity?
Now I know why my XLE, which came with headlights, gets such bad mileage. It uses Extra Load of Electricity.
If I shut off the radio and take the bulbs out of the tail lights and brake lights, will that help?
Might put 1 foot out and skateboard it too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dang those are great MPG numbers! Best I've done is in the low 40's however I have never tried ECO mode on my XSE. I will be checking ECO mode out after my next refill!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,528 Posts
LE stands for Low End...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have Japanese build Aug 2019 Cruiser (assume similar to XLE) Hybrid AWD. I get 5.6 L/100km which is 50 MPG (imperial gallons) or 42 MPG (US gallons). Consumption is virtually independent of city or highway driving.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't complain I bought a LE on purpose. After comparing the big difference was fog lights and radio for $5k more..I added fog lights for $130 and dasaita radio for $450 and its better. Debating katskin leather for $650 and remote start $300.. still be way under the next model

·
Registered
79 Posts
Doesn't LE stand for Land's End edition? And FWIW, when you disregard the features you don't need.... yes, that radio and 2 extra speakers can cost $5,000. Too bad the mfr's don't let you special order individual items any more. At least Toyota doesn't. Except for a few items most everything is part of Package X,Y or Z. And the dealers then choose what packages, colors they're gonna order. So the customer is stuck with features/colors they wouldn't necessarily order if it was like the old days.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts