Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really sold on the simplicity of the LE, but I am wondering if I might regret not getting the lumbar support that comes with the power seat.

I like sunroofs, but over the long term I could do without the chance of leak, and it feels like the new RAV is already a little headroom challenged.

The dual climate zones would be nice to keep everyone happy. I also like aluminum rims, but I can get the fancy Toyota ones for a grand.

Don't need keyless/power liftgates/rain sensing wipers and all the other extra stuff that goes bad in the long term.

If you bought an LE, is there anything you really wish you had? Are the security systems different?

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
527 Posts
Well I got an xle hybrid, without all the extras.
No sunroof, no power lift gate, no rain cencing wipers.
I got power seat for driver, me.
Pushbutton start with smart key.
Dual climate controls, aluminum weels, power mirrors with blind spot monitoring and a weather package. As in rubber mats all over
And heated seats.

Love it so far

·
Registered
920 Posts
I only bought my XLE Premium for the [leather], given how often I am running around with kids and dirty dogs. The first day I brought it home, my dog got out, ran through a big puddle, and immediately jumped into the open door and smeared mud ALL over the interior. Fortunately, 60 seconds with a damp towel and all was well.

All that said, none of the other features have any real value to me:
1) Sunroof: it is literally sealed shut with sound deadening material
2) Dual Climate: I might have used this like twice in two years of ownership...honestly I find more often I am annoyed at having to resync the sides after bumping the passenger knob.
3) Power Liftgate: Of little value to me since not only do I keep my bike rack mounted all the time (precluding any benefits of remote opening), but I really hate how long it takes to shut.
4) Console Display: I don't even have android auto, and just use a phone holder on the dash for all navigation / communication / music.
5) Wheels: I went aftermarket within a month of ownership.
6) Push-button start: It is kinda neat never having to take my keys out of my pocket, but eh. My wife's TRD Pro 4Runner cost like 60% more and still uses an old-fashioned key...
7) The power seat is fine, I guess, but the lumber is not aggressive enough for me anyways.

So yeah, if I could do it all over again I'd have likely gone XE or maybe XLE, put the $3k saved toward a nice set of seat covers for maybe $750-1000, and been perfectly content. Or, I might have just gone Hybrid since without the leather seats the price difference shrinks considerable (the most basic hybrid with the leather seats is several thousand more than the XLEP).

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
121 Posts
No regrets. Invested less than the price difference between the xle in specific upgrades I wanted. Wheels and tires, color matched seat covers, exhaust tips, window tint, smoked out backup lights, hood wrap, and a bunch of other small improvements with lots of money left over. Always had a sun roof previously and do miss it. I'm good with the LE but do want a Prime.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
I just bought a 21 xle that has the sunroof, I’m 6’ 1” and have plenty of headroom.
Don't know how.
I got 2020 XLE hybrid without sunroof and still hit my head on occasion.
I am 6.0

Compared with my last ride, 2010 Subaru Forester with sunroof, there a lot less headroom in RAV4

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to do it and I went for the XLE due to help with lane changing and a couple of items I wanted and didn't want to purchase after the fact.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't know how.
I got 2020 XLE hybrid without sunroof and still hit my head on occasion.
I am 6.0

Compared with my last ride, 2010 Subaru Forester with sunroof, there a lot less headroom in RAV4
Did you adjust the seat all the way dow? I don’t have a hybrid but maybe their the same seats, ? 😮

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my LE I would of liked some of the features from the XLE but overall it's a lot cheaper and they have the same engine and drivetrain (obviously depending on FWD/AWD) so you are only missing out on a few extra gadgets that you don't really need anyway.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was really sold on the simplicity of the LE, but I am wondering if I might regret not getting the lumbar support that comes with the power seat.

I like sunroofs, but over the long term I could do without the chance of leak, and it feels like the new RAV is already a little headroom challenged.

The dual climate zones would be nice to keep everyone happy. I also like aluminum rims, but I can get the fancy Toyota ones for a grand.

Don't need keyless/power liftgates/rain sensing wipers and all the other extra stuff that goes bad in the long term.

If you bought an LE, is there anything you really wish you had? Are the security systems different?
I like my LE. Did not want moon roof,push button start,AWD, power lift gate , fog lights ........ Maybe would have gone XLE if I could find one Without AWD since you have to go to Florida to find those. Had to have BSM,RCTA ,ruby pearl, tan interior. Car came with rubber and cloth floor mats, privacy screen, mudflaps,roof rack. The car is sharp looking. As you know early on these were hard to find,but this one came in and said " I'M here come and get me" and mommy was hot for a SUV so could not be super choosy. Car gets 30 mpg and is peppier since not carrying 130 lbs. of rarely used AWD. That being said Toyota should have included variable speed wipers and auto on headlights. The passenger seat controls are a bit sparse, but I don't sit there and my wife does not complain. None of those were deal breakers. The auto high beams are a nice feature and they work. These cars are hi-tech complicated machines and I did not want to add to my woes with pointless features that could haunt me down the road.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Did you adjust the seat all the way dow? I don’t have a hybrid but maybe their the same seats, ? 😮
Almost all the way. I like to have the seat uncle's up in front and if you put it all the way down it's not possible.

Surprisingly the seats are comfortable. Much better than in my old 2010 Forester.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
That being said Toyota should have included variable speed wipers
This could be a deal breaker for me if the Canadian ones are only two speed.

My ancient Forester has manual lumbar and variable intermittent wipers. Seems like a cheap-out. Toyota Safety Sense but you can't tune the wipers to see out the car properly? Weird. I also thought that manual passenger height adjustment would be a thing. Or is everyone average height?

These cars are hi-tech complicated machines and I did not want to add to my woes with pointless features that could haunt me down the road.
I feel the same way. Too much tech, bells and whistles while the necessities of comfort and driving are being overlooked. The knee-intrusion of that center console is also a case in point. Many manufacturers are banging my knee with their consoles lately. Is it a trend?

I would have preferred that cars evolve to be simpler and more solid state with proven mechanicals and less driver distractions. Instead, they are rolling entertainment centers with built in surveillance masquerading as a service, and dozens of useless 'convenience' features. I'm not against tech that improves safety, handling or AWD, so even things like Apple Carplay are fine if it keeps drivers from playing with their phones. But push-button start and butt refrigerators are a bridge too far,

·
Registered
912 Posts
The LE lacks blind spot monitoring as standard. I believe you can get a package but then your half way to the XLE price. I didn't think I would care about it, but now that I have it I think its great. Its just an extra check when changing lanes - check blind spot normal way - check the light in the mirror - change lanes.

The XLE MSRP is only $1300.00 more. If you can get a XLE without any additional packages I would do it - you get blind spot, power seat, aluminum rims, which are all kind of nice.

The colored mirrors and that crap I could care less. The smart key just costs more when you loose one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
2019 LE Hybrid Owner— traded in a 2016 XLE hybrid and have zero regrets with the trim difference. Occasionally I miss push to start but it’s not a deal breaker. I was able to upgrade my wipers to variable intermittent for $40 and my LE came with blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert.

If you’re financing and cost isn’t a big problem then spending the extra several thousand might be worth it and not terribly impactful on your monthly payment.

When I bought there was close to $5k price difference between trims. Not sure if my LE was priced low or the XLE over priced (maybe both or maybe that’s the typical range, I honestly didn’t do much comparing beforehand) but it wasn’t worth it at the time and I wasn’t financing.

I’m very happy with the LE and expect it to be fine for quite some time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Anyone ever did an indepth look at the difference in seats between the LE and XLE ?

I know the XLE seats seem to be, repeat seem to be, of a higher, softer quality, just curious about opinions.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
121 Posts
Anyone ever did an indepth look at the difference in seats between the LE and XLE ?

I know the XLE seats seem to be, repeat seem to be, of a higher, softer quality, just curious about opinions.
Seats are definitely lower quality in the LE trim. Cheaper material and comfort level is not the same as the higher trim packages. Don’t really care about motorized seat adjustments but it would be nice to have the same foam they use in the xle. Probably my biggest complaint with the LE.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts