Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Looks like I developed a leak in my front driver side tire. The low pressure warning does indeed work. Im worried about the sensor in the tire. Im due for my 10k oil change soon. Should I take it to the dealer and not even consider taking it to Discount (for the tire issue only)? If it werent for the sensor, I would go to Discount for sure. Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
You can go to a tire dealer, make sure you tell them you have a TPMS. I believe there is a special machine they use to mount tires with TPMS. If Money is not an issue, the dealer will always be a safer bet.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If it is a tire defect and not a nail in the tire it is a warranty item.

Ask the dealer what you should do.

Doubt many dealers do tires anymore but they can direct you on where to go and still have the warranty honored.

This is a gray area as the tires are warranted by Yokohoma and the rims are a Toyota thing. If the leak is from the sensor assembly I am guessing Toyota would cover it. If it is a bad tire Yokohoma would cover it. If it is a nail you cover it.

Let us know how this was handled.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
I'd take it to the dealer. I had a F150 with a thumping sound in the front tire. It ended up being a broken belt. They replaced it under tire warranty. At least that is what Ford did. I did not have 10k on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts