Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last weekend, my three months old 2017 Hybrid XLE had a huge coolant leak. After the tech at the service center confirmed it's an warranty issue since not a single scratch was found on the splash guard, the entire radiator was replaced. Has anyone else experience this "one in a million"(what the Toyota service tech called it) problem? Should I start having doubt about quality of Toyota and worry about it being a "lemon"?

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Should I start having doubt about quality of Toyota and worry about it being a "lemon"?
No, one defective radiator somehow snuck thru final inspection at the radiator factory Toyota buys them from.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Those things are amazingly fragile, its a wonder more of them don't fail. Its a pretty easy fix anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. Just watch for drips for the next month or so.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Parts fail, it happens. It doesn't mean your car is a lemon. Brand new vehicles aren't perfect, that's why you have a warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks folks. Toyota just coincidentally sent me a new owner survey this week.. talk about bad timing on their end.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Has anyone else experience this "one in a million"(what the Toyota service tech called it) problem? Should I start having doubt about quality of Toyota and worry about it being a "lemon"?
:eek: PSST...your paranoia is showing :eek:

Just joshing you I'd be upset as well. :p

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Had that leaking radiator problem with a relatively new Subaru Forester, which subsequently turned out to be a lemon. However, unless some other problem develops I would regard the problem with your Toyota hybrid as a "one off" since the reliability of that Toyota and its hybrid system has been well established.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts