Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lease on my 2002 RAV4 ended last month and I got an extension til 10/14 in hopes the 2006 would be available (which it isn't).

I really need a car but I don't want to buy a 2005 just because it's available. The manager at my dealership said he doesn't expect the 2006's til April (I think he just wants me to get the 2005). I believe this forum where the conventional wisdom is that they'll start appearing in January.

My leasing company ABSOLUTELY will not extend the lease. Renting a car for 3 months seems cost prohibitive. Buying a cheap used car seems like a major hassle.

Am I doomed or is there a way I can hold out til the 2006's roll in? Or should I just get the 2005?

What would you do?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dilweegie said:
The lease on my 2002 RAV4 ended last month and I got an extension til 10/14 in hopes the 2006 would be available (which it isn't).

I really need a car but I don't want to buy a 2005 just because it's available. The manager at my dealership said he doesn't expect the 2006's til April (I think he just wants me to get the 2005). I believe this forum where the conventional wisdom is that they'll start appearing in January.

My leasing company ABSOLUTELY will not extend the lease. Renting a car for 3 months seems cost prohibitive. Buying a cheap used car seems like a major hassle.

Am I doomed or is there a way I can hold out til the 2006's roll in? Or should I just get the 2005?

What would you do?
The 4 Cyclinder Rav4s are coming out in December. The V6 Rav4s are going to be arriving around February. Honestly if I were you I'd get a cheap used car to last a month or two (or 4 months if you get the v6) Why get the 2005 model when you know forsure for almost the same value you get a better model that is more enhanced. That is just my take on it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell.....I'm driving a crappy Nissan Sunny -87 while waiting for the new RAV4 D-cat :) ......

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Most leases allow you to buy the car at the end of the lease, so you could always just buy your 2002, keep it until whenever, then trade it in on a 2006. If you can't or won't do that then I'd agree with the above, you either have to rent or buy something else for the short term.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all .....I am also in a similar position as my friend, about a month ago I went into my local Toyota Dealership and made a downpayment for a 05 rav, I wanted a black manual so it was deemed a special order which was to arrive in December. One week later I received a call from the sales manager who hinted to me about a new gen3 model, I was estatic, I presently own a 99' rav moderately modified, so here I am now downloading any pic of this illusive machine and awating a price from my local dealership, but I am sure it will be worth the wait you guys and gals know Toyota Quality is unmatched. I have driven the new Suzuki Vitara, the Hyundai Tuson, the Kia Sportage, the 8) Nssan XTrail, and Honda CRV............. please noting has made an 8 out of 10 the Nissan XTrail only 7.5, the Suzuki a 6 and the Tuson a 6.9 for the exciting trip tronic transmission. BUT I AM WAITING for the 06 Gen3, but I guess in my case I am still driving a RAV so cool.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lease

I have a similar situation where my lease ends on December 22nd. I am going to lease a 2006 Corolla for two years until they work the bugs out of the new 2006 RAV 4. The dash rattle hasn't been corrected in 4 years and I am going to develop a "wait and see" attitude at this board. :?:

Ironically, I will have to order a Corolla as the dealer can't keep them in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts