Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 05 Rav yesterday...and I am wondering about something...the model I purchased (plus package in Canada), comes with leather seats...but for some reason the headrests are not leather but rather seem to be made out of this rubbery foam kind of stuff in the same color. I had not noticed that when I looked at the model in the showroom... is this standard with the leather? I am not impressed with these headrests at all. :(

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I am sorry to hear that the leather seat option means you get vinyl covered head rests. I am not sure I can help much with an answer, but that is one of the reasons I tend to not want leather seats. Today most leather options only contain part leather and the non-leather parts seem to be getting more prominent. I understand leather is expensive but if 3/4's of the leather seats are vinyl or some other material, then I would just as soon save the expense and opt for cloth.

Geez, even wifey's Lexus RX300 has some vinyl sections on her leather seats.

BTW, my wife prefers that the passenger head rest be flipped backward. She finds it more comfortable that way for some reason.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RAV4Don said:
I am sorry to hear that the leather seat option means you get vinyl covered head rests.
:roll: they are not even vinyl "covered!" They are more of a foam rubber composition with no cover. eww.

The pesky thing is...here in Canada, there are only 4 option "groups" basically with the Rav4...no mixing/matching of options...so in order to get ABS, I had to take the leather seats as part of the option group with the 05's (my 02 had ABS with cloth). I prefer cloth seats especially preferable over these cheap foamy headresty things...oh well...I am happy with the heated seat part that comes with the leather.

I did write to toyota about the headrests...can't wait to hear what they say to justify the foamy rubber headrests...

Ahh well...it still is awesome overall.

Thanks for the tip about the headrest, I will try that on the passenger side and see which way is more comfy for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts