Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I am pretty tired of my rubber steering wheel, and looking for a leather replacement.
I am guessing it has to be original as I have the radio control buttons to the left and the disp button to the right..

will the older model RAV4 steeringwheels fit my 2009, and can my buttons be moved to a no button steeringwheel?

Anyone out there with experience in this?

Best

Klaus

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Leather steering from 2006-2012 RAV4 Limited will fit. However, the leather scratches much more easily that the vinyl that you currently have.
Also the leather steering wheels do NOT have the finder grip moulded into them. That was enough of a deal breaker that my wife asked me to to remove the leather steering wheel and put back the original vinyl one!!!

You can also get leather covers with thread and needle from Ebay and stictch it on. I had back luck; I was sent a smaller size, despite providing the seller with measurements of my steering wheel ; I think the RAV4 and Yaris have smaller steering wheels in China.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I put a simple Walmart steering wheel cover on mine...it's very comfortable and has perforations in it so it almost matches the ebrake handle...while off the shelf steering wheel covers are too big for the rav wheel I lined the inside of the new steering wheel cover with double sided tape...gives it just a little extra thickness to make it perfect...been on 2 years and no signs of it having any issues at all...

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
I have the leather steering wheel cover on my 2008 Limited and consider it a great big nothing. To me it offers no advantage whatsoever over our Base model with a standard steering wheel. In truth, I prefer the Base model steering wheel feel. My thoughts are don't waste you money on it as there is no advantage at all. The same goes for the shifter cover........who cares?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
I also have the leather steering wheel and shifter in my Limited. It was fine until my wife started driving it. Between her rings and fingernails, it now has marks and gouges all around. Same thing happened with her previous vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont ever let your wifes drive your cars ;) :)

The rubbr one just screams bad quality, i have found a pæace that will put leather on you old steering whell. I think i will try that :)

Again thanks for all inputs :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts