Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When purchasing the leather trimmed seat package is there any other part of the interior trimmed in leather ie: door panels...etc?

Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Definitely leather and not pleather - but is sporty leather, not luxury leather, with many airholes, which could be giving it that look.

If anyone doesn't like the leather, you can also order the LTD w/o leather and add aftermarket the leather of your choice!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Basil Toyota Internet Mgr said:
Definitely leather and not pleather - but is sporty leather, not luxury leather, with many airholes, which could be giving it that look.

If anyone doesn't like the leather, you can also order the LTD w/o leather and add aftermarket the leather of your choice!!
No, it is pleather. Check again.

S

·
0 Posts
Unless you get a high end luxury vehicle, only the seating surfaces are real leather, everything else is high quality leather knockoff. On the upside, Toyota pleather is some of the best. It's a bit of a non issue as it is color matched, and good wearing material.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm torn between getting my V6 Rav4 NOW......without leather..... or waiting 6 weeks for factory installed leather! I was thinking of getting aftermarket leather but I REALLY want heated seats. What is the problem some of you have been told about adding heated seats? Then again, sounds as if Toyota's leather isn't too good of quality... I like nice leather.....is factory installed really more like pleather?

Also, is the JBL stereo system even available any more? I was told that it would have to be a special order and my car would then take 3 or more months!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had both the seat and the leather installed by the dealer. I don't have a problem with either.

The difference with the heated seats installed by the dealer or factory is:

Dealer installs heated switch by seat controls as opposed to the cup holders and DAC switch.

Dealer installed heated seat switch give you a high and low setting for each seat as opposed to just factory on and off.

I actually like my leather but it's not the perforated factory leather, so I can't speak on factory leather.

Dealer installed heated seats and leather carry the factory warranty.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
any the part of the seats that you sit on are leather from the factory... Rest is vinyl.
ALL the aftermarket leather just that. leather..

SummreSun said:
I'm torn between getting my V6 RAV4 NOW......without leather..... or waiting 6 weeks for factory installed leather! I was thinking of getting aftermarket leather but I REALLY want heated seats. What is the problem some of you have been told about adding heated seats? Then again, sounds as if Toyota's leather isn't too good of quality... I like nice leather.....is factory installed really more like pleather?

Also, is the JBL stereo system even available any more? I was told that it would have to be a special order and my car would then take 3 or more months!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Anyone with factory installed leather who can speak about the quality?

So far, the dealer installed seems to better yet I heard (on here) that you shouldn't get heated seats then. Why is that? Also, if you get dealer installed leather, what about the door panels, etc that come standard with factory leather?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Limited V6 4X4 with all the trimmings and the heated leather seats.

The leather seats are excellent. They are not the plush leather style seats found in a Mercedes or Lexus but they are very nice.

The heated seats work very well but it is more of a novelty than anything else. Besides, I have never owned heated seats so by the time I realize that I can turn the heat on my butt has already warmed it up.

If you are looking for the 3rd row in leather you won't find it unless aftermarket. Then again, that 3rd row is tiny. No, I mean really tiny. I know someone said they were 6 foot and could sit back there comfortably but I think you have to say that if your a 3rd row owner if only for the "cult". There is no possible way my 6 foot body could fit back there nor would I even want to try it.

I chose to forget the laughable 3rd row and give me the factory leather +heated seats. On a side note, my cargo space without the 3rd row is simply huge. You pull out the fake floor and theres a huge crater.

Infact, pull out the back floor and then show someone the trunk space in the back of your Rav. Tell me, did they use the word "huge"?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grav said:
The heated seats work very well but it is more of a novelty than anything else. Besides, I have never owned heated seats so by the time I realize that I can turn the heat on my butt has already warmed it up.
Hmmmm where do you live, can't be that cold. And if it is that cold and your "butt" is warming up that quick you must be carrying to much junk in YOUR trunk. :p

FYI heated seats are also good for a bad back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts