Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Has anyone attempted to install the MIT LED Courtesy Lights? I have the diagram but not sure where to connect the wires. Anyone have the wiring diagram for these lights?

Thank you in Advance WIN_20170703_14_04_14_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here's a link to 2015 diagram

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=142667

It only has negative for dome light supervision. You should be able to connect positive lead of puddle lights to constant 12v and negative as stated per diagram. The negative will be supplied to the puddle lamps when the dome lights are switched on and in turn activate the puddle lamps. The diagram also has reverse connection point. I imagine the puddle lamps light up when shifted into reverse??? Let us know how u make out as I may want to do this mod.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
base on wiring color

red is 12 volt constant
gray door trigger negative
yellow is accessory/ignition wire
black is ground

when you put the key on it will turn off the puddle light(yellow accessory/ignition wire)

·
Registered
15 Posts
red: Reverse signal (same signal used for triggering backup camera)
gray: door trigger negative
yellow: accessory/ignition wire
black is ground

Those two light light up on both side of the car. Quite useful

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have been considering these for some time, however they aren't inexpensive, and I want to make sure that I can install them. This info helps. I am a little confused by your 'backup camera' image however. How good is the light coming from the new lights on the mirrors? I also assume that they would go on when you unlock the doors using the remote.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi. I am not sure what you mean on how good is the light. It a led projected toward middle of the car
1. When you in the car with engine on. The light turned on when you turn off the engine (same as internal dome light)
2. When you are outside the car with door locked. The light turn on when you unlock the key with remote or the smart key is detected in range (same as internal dome light)
3. While driving, when you put gear in reverse, the light also turned on.

If you can search Chinese, you can try to search below Chinese string on google image
感應式照明輔助燈
you can add "Toyota" or "Rav4" in front of the string

Also, Below is a quick video on the light (Not from me)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. My wife has limited vision and these lights will really help when getting into the car at night. I will order a set in the next few days. I was interested in the coverage of the light beam on the ground and your pictures helped. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So it won't fit? All RAV4 in Taiwan comes with heated/signal light side mirror. Some with additional BSM. All fit's fine.
Sorry if it didn't fit

·
Registered
25 Posts
unless the one that i have were flawed. i send it back to MIT waiting for my refund.
i do really want to install it. but they just wont fit on my 2017 rav4 xle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you get the puddle lights hooked up?? I just got the kit, and would like to know how you hooked up the red, yeallow and gray wires to where? Can you give any help???

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you get the puddle lights hooked up?? I just got the kit, and would like to know how you hooked up the red, yeallow and gray wires to where? Can you give any help???
I wanted to buy a set but got scared off when they didn't fit into mirror. have tried fitting them in mirror assembly yet?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Puddle lights

Thanks for the pictures. My wife has limited vision and these lights will really help when getting into the car at night. I will order a set in the next few days. I was interested in the coverage of the light beam on the ground and your pictures helped. Thanks.
What is the website for these lamps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts