Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I installed some LED driving lights on my 2015 Rav Limited. I am not looking for additional fog/driving lights as my Rav has OEM driving lights. I just wanted some more illumination in the daytime for the front of the vehicle.
The problem is you can't tap into the DLR driving lights circuit as I understand they operate on 6 volts. I ended up tapping into the park lights. In the daylight hours I can use the parking lights to trigger the LED lights but of course they come on when the headlites are on. I did not install a switch for these lights but it may be my only option. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi all,
I installed some LED driving lights on my 2015 Rav Limited. I am not looking for additional fog/driving lights as my Rav has OEM driving lights. I just wanted some more illumination in the daytime for the front of the vehicle.
The problem is you can't tap into the DLR driving lights circuit as I understand they operate on 6 volts. I ended up tapping into the park lights. In the daylight hours I can use the parking lights to trigger the LED lights but of course they come on when the headlites are on. I did not install a switch for these lights but it may be my only option. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Hello there!
Could you post pictures of your install and a link of the place where you got the LEDs?
Also some pics of how it looks when the LEDs are on.

Thanks!

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts