Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have installed these aftermarket LED Door Sill protectors:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EAN7T7O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used the instructions for "Toyota Rav4 2013 Interior Light Kit"
but they were incorrect, my 2016 rav4 hybrid has the yellow ( + ) wire directly above pin 50.
I made the correct adjustment and now all 4 my LED door sill protectors light up when i open door.
Also I've tested door closing reed switch and they faded out with the dome light.

See attached images.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the attachments since i cannot "create a new thread with attachments" ( i have to reply to thread with attachments )

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have photos of the side steps on your RAV4? Any problem installing them since Toyota doesn't offer running boards for the Hybrid?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you have photos of the side steps on your RAV4? Any problem installing them since Toyota doesn't offer running boards for the Hybrid?
No problems just bolt on. There was some scraping opening the rear door where the lowest point on the door scraped
the top part of the bar. I solved that problem by placing 3 washers on each vertical bolt.
There were already mounting holes which had rubber covers that popped right off.
Here are pictures of the external additions I've done.

AVS vent visors (In Channel)
AVS hood guard / bug guard / hood deflector
Steelcraft 3" Sidebars Black Side Step Nerf Bar Running Board (bought it used)
RoadSport Pro Fit Truck/SUV/Van Splash Guard

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Why do you need running boards on the RAV4 which has almost the same ground clearance as a Camry? :confused:

Drill some holes on the bottom of the hood "protector" if it doesn't have them. Or it will have standing water and rust out the front edge of the hood.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Why do you need running boards on the RAV4 which has almost the same ground clearance as a Camry? :confused:
Most running boards stick out further than your doors do when closed, so they can offer ding protection from someone parked next to you, they'll hit the boards and stop.

On higher vehicles they also offer a step in, especially for shorter or older folk who can't get a leg up as high.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I don't get this....if I earth my LED Sill's they come on just fine. But when I connect it to that same wire they don't do anything!

Surely to god the wiring can't be different between the UK and US versions of the car? I know the junction box is on the opposite side but other than that it looks the same to me!

.....I just noticed the + and - on the picture. All along I thought I needed a permanent live and the yellow wire was the ground.....

Right lets try this again!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet. Lots of wires :)
I forgot to mention i added a push switch for the outer door sill lights which
also light up the exterior puddles lights.
I installed the push switch where the heated steering wheel switch is in canadian/european rav4s.
My '16 rav4h doesn't have heated steering wheel.

even more wires!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats really nice

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Yeah it's really useful to have a manual override for the exterior puddle lights and outer door sill protector LEDs.
That way I can turn off those LEDs even when the door is open.
The push button itself has a light on it which is supposed to be lit up in the "on" position.
I just haven't wired the button light yet.
I want to tie it into the existing variable resistor (rheostat) for the instrument illumination dimmer.
The only problem is I don't know which junction block/ pin connector/ pin to patch into.
That's why I created this thread:
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/242569-need-rheostat-pinouts.html

I will tie the push button led light for the "on" position into another push button that's stock that also has a "on" position light
for the temporary time being.
That way I can just look at the button to know if it's on or not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts