Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the top of the headlights on my 2016 xle and it looks like the led drls are there just not wired.Is this true or wishful thinking.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
DRL is standard in XLE and Limited models in the US.
That said, if the car isn't set up for DRL you can't really add that except with an aftermarket system. OE DRLS are tied into the lights, parking brake and a couple other things. Point being that its more than just some wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the Limited and SE models have LED daytime runninng lights and it appears they are presnet in the XLE when looking at the headlights> I am wondering if that is the case and can they be hooked up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looking at the top of the headlights on my 2016 xle and it looks like the led drls are there just not wired.Is this true or wishful thinking.
I think I was going to ask the same question... I just got a 2016 XLE last Friday, and I see that there looks like a long LED strip above the headlight. I was going to post this question just now, and even took a pic of my headlight for reference... I'll attach it here... I have the DRL option (or standard option... lol...) but they don't light up...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked the forum and the consensus is that there are no leds in the light. They are standard in Europe but not in North America.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have checked the forum and the consensus is that there are no leds in the light. They are standard in Europe but not in North America.
It seems on the older models this is true. But on my 2016 XLE hybrid redesign headlights you can clearly see leds in the headlights.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It seems on the older models this is true. But on my 2016 XLE hybrid redesign headlights you can clearly see leds in the headlights.
This is a pic of my new 2016 XLE non-hybrid. It looks like there's something in there, but can't quite tell, and it's still too new to start ripping it apart... lol... Really wish it could be lit... (talking about the thin strip just above the headlight...)

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
And older thread here but has anyone been able to determine whether there are LED DRL‘s in those headlight housings? Would LED DRL housings from the SE, Platinum and Limited trim levels be compatible with the LE and XLE?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe if you don't have LED DRL equipped from the get go (like me) then you just have holes in the top of the assembly. The assemblies would be compatible but you are missing the wiring/connectors for the strips. Non LED DRL just use the headlights as DRL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts