Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2021 Rav4 Hybrid XSE that came with fog lights but they are not LED; I have a 2022 Hybrid Premium XLE that did come standard with LED fog lights. I would like to install LED fogs in my wife's 2021 but have notice my LED fogs seem to be a smaller diameter than my wife's.

Anyone have a recommendation on the correct Toyota part # for 2021 LED unit or a good LED bulb to install? My one concern about just installing an LED bulb is the stock projector is not quite right.

Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There was an OEM LED option for 2019-2021, I would check with the parts dept to make sure.

If brightness is the main concern though, there is aftermarket fog and driving light options. The most popular name brand for fog is Diode Dynamics. I'm going the driving light route myself with a generic projector one from CarTrimHome.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
My wife has a 2021 Rav4 Hybrid XSE that came with fog lights but they are not LED; I have a 2022 Hybrid Premium XLE that did come standard with LED fog lights. I would like to install LED fogs in my wife's 2021 but have notice my LED fogs seem to be a smaller diameter than my wife's.

Anyone have a recommendation on the correct Toyota part # for 2021 LED unit or a good LED bulb to install? My one concern about just installing an LED bulb is the stock projector is not quite right.

Thanks.
Just order these, replace the whole assembly and you're good to go.

I had the same concern about the reflector so I opted to go with the OEM LED fog light assembly.

Your wife will be happy with them. The color of the LED fog light matches the color of the headlights. Th estock halogens do not.

I bought mine from BAM (link below) and was very pleased with their service. I have also purchased other items from them and have never been disappointed.

Reactions: Rainier42

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Thanks for the link ... I really appreciate it and will order them.
Here's a before and after shot:

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

The after does look smaller but there is a single high power LED sitting behind a prism. The prism can be see in the image. When you look really close at the real thing, you can see the LED element behind it. The output is much brighter than the before.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yes they do

It's hard to see, but the clear lens is the same size as the original and fills the opening:
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Reactions: Rainier42

·
Registered
670 Posts
I installed the OEM Toyota High Performance LED fog lights on my 21 XSE as well…and I am very happy with them. Bought them from BAM also.
Much better than the stock halogen fog lights. Great upgrade.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
320 Posts
I think your cheapest option would just be to buy a set of LED replacement bulbs for your existing housings. I run Auxito bulbs and have been very happy with them. It'll save quite a bit of money over fully replacing the entire lighting assembly... H11 LED Bulb

·
Registered
2021 XSE Hybrid
65 Posts
I installed the OEM Toyota High Performance LED fog lights on my 21 XSE as well…and I am very happy with them. Bought them from BAM also.
Much better than the stock halogen fog lights. Great upgrade.
Did the same as you last year. Why it did not come from the factory this way? So much better and extremely easy install. Worth the $. I also installed yellow LaminX over them too.

·
Premium Member
2019 Rav4 LE Hybrid
142 Posts
I ordered these after doing quite a bit of research. If you want fog lights specifically, not driving lights, are an excellent value.

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD
848 Posts
My Limited came with only halogen fogs. I purchased the OEM LED kit and am very satisfied with them. They match the color temp of the headlights and offer a good view of the "ditch" on the side of the road. I would recommend these, the cost is not too bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts