Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the light bar on 48" perfect fit, used brackets for jeep, as if made for the rav4.

Best, Joe

·
Registered
609 Posts
Looks good, but I think mounted that low would block my radar detector which is mounted above the rear-view mirror on mine.
Could the brackets be mounted higher?

What do you think of the light output of that big bar?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice.
Shows us night time turned on pics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could possibly mount higher with these brackets, I chose lower for the look also the shade. The brackets which the light bar comes with are for mounting on the roof, definitely did not want to go with that look.

Best, Joe

·
Registered
118 Posts
thanks to your thread, i finally ordered some brackets. I had ordered a 42" led bar a few months ago but was afraid of getting brackets that would not work so for the last couple of months the led bar was just sitting in my room. So, last night I ordered the jeep brackets from amazon prime 1 day delivery and got it today. I just finished installing mine. Unfortunately, I was cheap and ordered the straight led bar instead of the curved one just to save $20. Mine doesn't fit as great. It just barely fits. I'm digging your tires. Did you lift your rav at all or is that stock height?

Because mine is a straight led bar, that location i chose to mount was the only location that would work. My other option was to mount it on the roof but I dont like the looks of that. Besides, where I mounted mine will also give me the benefit of shade from the sun.

I will post pictures later tonight because I have to go somewhere right now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How much was the complete kit? Did you need to buy additional parts or is the kit all you need?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
thanks to your thread, i finally ordered some brackets. I had ordered a 42" led bar a few months ago but was afraid of getting brackets that would not work so for the last couple of months the led bar was just sitting in my room. So, last night I ordered the jeep brackets from amazon prime 1 day delivery and got it today. I just finished installing mine. Unfortunately, I was cheap and ordered the straight led bar instead of the curved one just to save $20. Mine doesn't fit as great. It just barely fits. I'm digging your tires. Did you lift your rav at all or is that stock height?

Because mine is a straight led bar, that location i chose to mount was the only location that would work. My other option was to mount it on the roof but I dont like the looks of that. Besides, where I mounted mine will also give me the benefit of shade from the sun.

I will post pictures later tonight because I have to go somewhere right now.

Are these the brackets that you used to install the 42 inch led bar? If it isn't can you send a link for the lights and the installation brakets. Thanks, mensajero.

https://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-70633-20-inch-Mounting-Unlimited/dp/B01HIWLZFQ/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1539288975&sr=8-20&keywords=LED+bar+light+jeep+brackets

·
Registered
118 Posts
My bracket were not name brand like the one you found but the design is exactly the same. It should work. Mine were $17 knock off of that Rough Country one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts