Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LED light came on in the area where the drivers and front passenger feet are... (Above the pedals, to the right). Lights only go off when the doors are locked. Ie stay on even when the car is off. I stopped by the dealership, and they didn't know what it was/how to turn off either. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
LED light came on in the area where the drivers and front passenger feet are... (Above the pedals, to the right). Lights only go off when the doors are locked. Ie stay on even when the car is off. I stopped by the dealership, and they didn't know what it was/how to turn off either. Any suggestions???
Perhaps the dial that brightens or dims the dash lights is all the way up and keeping it on? (I don't know for sure that's a side effect, but it couldn't hurt to check)

?

Otherwise are they some kind of aftermarket floor lighting that's not working correctly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try the dimmer. Didn't impact these lights... Only the dash.
This is original lighting. Dealership also confirmed that it is an original part, but didn't know why it is on or how to turn it off.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
The footwell lights are standard equipment on the Limited trim. Your profile shows a 2006 LE, are you sure it's not a Limited? The LE designation is from the 4.4 base model. The lights are bright when you get into the car, then they dim when you move the shifter out of the Park position. If they bug you that much, you can unplug each of them under the dash. When you turn on the headlights another circuit activates an LED that lights up your front cupholders.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Are the stock floor lights and cup holder lights LED?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yep, yellow/orange LED lights, in the same colour as the rest of the dash lights. (Clock, knobs, etc.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The footwell lights are standard equipment on the Limited trim. Your profile shows a 2006 LE, are you sure it's not a Limited? The LE designation is from the 4.4 base model. The lights are bright when you get into the car, then they dim when you move the shifter out of the Park position. If they bug you that much, you can unplug each of them under the dash. Also tied into that circuit is another LED that lights up your front cupholders.
Yes, it is Limited. Sorry... Assumed LE stood for Limited Edition! Really appreciate the help... I clearly need lots of it :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
In Toyota land LE is a step over CE.....my wife calls the le the loser edition....I won't say what she calls the ce but it has nothing to do with roosters or straws...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
In Toyota land LE is a step over CE.....my wife calls the le the loser edition....I won't say what she calls the ce but it has nothing to do with roosters or straws...
My buddy at work has a Corolla and he couldn't figure out why it came with plastic wheel covers when it's the LE model. I told him that meant Low End model!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts