Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm doing a bunch of little improvements to my 98 and I figured some of this information will be helpful to some of you. So I wanted to get a bit more light for night so I got two different brands and thought I would give them a try. Sylvania Zevo 7440 and Performance world 7440/7443

Both bulbs

The Zevo needs no modification its direct fit and nearly the same size as the stock 7440. On the other hand the performance world needs a slight modification to make fit. Simply cut the two inside wire contacts off and its ready to install. (the two inside contacts is for the 7443 socket)
These wires
And cut

here is the brightness comparison:
P/W vs stock

Stock vs Zevo

P/W vs Zevo

Overall I went with the Performance world because they have a projector lens in the tip which helps get more distance out of them. The zevo is brighter but it doesn't have the same reach.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
Thanks, I chose one with a projector lens for the same reason, I upgraded all of my exterior and interior LED bulbs as well, see my links:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/94-4-1-d-i-y-modifications/258786-led-headlights-all-exterior-lights.html

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/94-4-1-d-i-y-modifications/226913-instrument-panel-led-polarity.html

It is best to only buy CANBUS LEDs for the dash lights, no error problems and with exterior flashers, no hyper flashing. I messed up and got non CANBUS for initially for my dash lights and had problems with the fuel warning and air bag LEDs.
I wanted combination white driving lights with amber turn signals and the only ones like that that switched automatically were not CANBUS and I had to wire in 50w loads.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
They are major improvement for the low beams, flatter wider less diffusion, less glare for oncoming vehicles. Not much difference for high beams however. Most of my driving is in traffic so this is very good for me, brights are not as important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts