Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put led's in the interior and license plate light locations and thought of doing the reverse lights until I took a look at them. Looks like the bumper has to come off to get it done and if that's the case it's just too much of a PIA to do...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just put led's in the interior and license plate light locations and thought of doing the reverse lights until I took a look at them. Looks like the bumper has to come off to get it done and if that's the case it's just too much of a PIA to do...

Bumper does not have to come off. Can access the reverse lights from under the bumper. See page 520 of the 2016 Rav4 Owners manual Do it yourself maintenance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bumper does not have to come off. Can access the reverse lights from under the bumper. See page 520 of the 2016 Rav4 Owners manual Do it yourself maintenance.
...I looked at that...page 599 in the Canadian manual...there is a wiring harness in the way in the back left corner...just looks like it would be a bit of a PIA to get at...the manual is the simplified version of what's really under there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did both sides of my 2016 XLE in about 20 minutes one night at about 10pm with just a flashlight (not trying to be snarky...just saying it's easy...)

The only problem is testing them when you're by yourself... lol... I had to wait till the next morning to have my wife help me check them...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did both sides of my 2016 XLE in about 20 minutes one night at about 10pm with just a flashlight (not trying to be snarky...just saying it's easy...)

The only problem is testing them when you're by yourself... lol... I had to wait till the next morning to have my wife help me check them...

I believe the reverse lights are 921. What brand did you use and what are the specs? Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts

...have ordered these for our RAV...I actually pulled out the ones there just to see how it works....yup...very easy:wink

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very easy job, no need to remove the bumper, just get under and you can reach the reverse lights. I got mine replaced and took me like 5 minutes

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very easy job, no need to remove the bumper, just get under and you can reach the reverse lights. I got mine replaced and took me like 5 minutes
Sweet! It was funny, after I was done I couldn't believe that it was that easy... going to replace all of the exterior lights soon, but looks like they might not be as easy as this...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Are they significantly better than the original bulbs? Mine (in a 2013) seem to be fine. I haven't gone to LED's on the interior, but plan to soon, just looking around for a good quality kit. PrecisionLED has a nice kit, but adding the Back Up lights adds $20, so they have to be really great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep, they are bright. Had mine installed about 8 months ago. Tech just went under the bumper and got them inserted. I dont really see the input that well since i have 15% tint on top of the factory tint.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just tried this on my ‘16 and of course with my luck the led bulb popped loose while installing and fell into the reverse light housing...anyone taken those off before?:wall

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just tried this on my ‘16 and of course with my luck the led bulb popped loose while installing and fell into the reverse light housing...anyone taken those off before?:wall
Mine too. What did you do to take it out? Anyone know how easy or hard it is to remove the bumper to get at the whole assembly?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine too. What did you do to take it out? Anyone know how easy or hard it is to remove the bumper to get at the whole assembly?
Pretty late reply(hopefully you got it figured out) but it takes a just loosening a few screws from under the bumper and popping out the rear bumper to get back to that light. It’s kind of a pain but my own mistake for dropping the bulb.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts