Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with undercar LED's and Neons? What are the pros and cons in undercar LEDs and undercar Neons? Any recommended brands/types (either good quality and cheap or not too expensive)? Heck, just give me your opinions! :lol:

·
Registered
458 Posts
LED vs. Neon

Waz'up...I don't have any experience with LED or Neon Light Kits, but here are some of the advantages I've read about. :ponder:

The advantages of LED Under Car Kit over traditional Neon Under Car Kit.

1. Tough and Durable, the LED Tubes contain no glass and can flex with the vehicle´s chassis.

2. LED Under Car Kit is brighter than Neon Under Car Kit.

3. They are unaffected by temperature and reach their optimum light output immediately.

4. Lifetime of LEDs is approximately 100,000 hours, Neons are 15,000 hours if they don´t break on a bump in the road or a "sleeping policeman"(speed control bump)

5. Safer, there is no glass to break, LEDs are made of resin and they are encased in an acrylic tube for additional protection.

6. Low Voltage, they operate directly from 12 volts unlike all neons which require a voltage of at least 1,000 volts from an inline transformer.

7. More Modes, the LED Tubes can be set to light the underneath of your vehicle with a glow of variable brightness, or they can strobe, scan, chase, and flash with the sub bass.

8. Beams of lights, not just a glow but serious light output, the tubes give the appearance that they are on the road not the car.

9. Easy to fit because everything is color coded, you don´t have to work out which wires go to the battery from which wires go to the switched. All of the wires connect to the controller which connects to the vehicle´s power.

10. Longer, most neons sold in the market have a maximum length of just 39 inches.

Sounds like the LED's are a clear winner.:thumbs_up:
I hope this helps dude. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
471 Posts
i gotta dissagree with some of the stuff above. i had neons inside my Rav for 2 years and underbody kit for a year now. wat i noticed is that neons r brighter then LEDS. true they are easier to break and harder to install but quality of color on road is way better. my neons never needed to be hooked up 2 battery i just run'em from cig lighter. some neons can be adjusted to pulse to music and even Engine REVS!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts