Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I thought it might be an interesting poll to see how tall us RAVers are. There has been a recent post on legroom and I am wondering if there are a lot of taller drivers.

Myself, I'm 6'2" and I find the legroom comfortable in the RAV. Of course, the seat could go back just a little more, but its fine overall from me.

What about you?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Janos said:
You made the span too big for the one size.
Ooops...

I also noticed that the foot and inches symbols did not come out right. They don't appear as I entered them.

Oh well, I'm sure everyone will get it.

R

·
0 Posts
I'm 5'2" and my husband is 5'11" (although, I think he is shrinking...when we married he was 6'). Believe it or not...we have the same seat setting. He has short legs, I have long legs. He has a tall torso...I have a short torso. It is weird that we have the same settings! LOL!

Leg room is not an issue for us! :)

C

·
0 Posts
seadragon said:
Janos said:
You made the span too big for the one size.
Ooops...

I also noticed that the foot and inches symbols did not come out right. They don't appear as I entered them.

Oh well, I'm sure everyone will get it.
I changed them, there was a huge gap, the gaps are smaller now :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
one aspect of legroom you have not considered here is this; lateral foot well space. I have arthritis of the hips and knees and there are a lot of cars on the market right now that have very narrow foot well space,this is something I notice. I didn't even realize that the 2006 RAV4 had a dead man's rest for the left foot until I looked down there at the other day!

A

·
0 Posts
I'm 6'2" with long legs so leg room was as important as head room. I have lots of room to spare above my head but I wish the RAV4 had as much room to stretch my left leg out as my old Accord coupe did. Oh well, it's all about trade-offs, I suppose.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
5'10" and my wife is tall at 6' even. We wish the seat in our 2000 went back a little further as we find our legs are a little cramped on longer trips - although it's not uncomfortable around town. Good to know the new RAV has more room there.

C

·
0 Posts
FYI, for those who might be considering the RAV4, the leg room sucks for tall folks. If you are above 6'6", you probably will not have enough legroom.

There are two reasons for this: (A) the seat doesn't go back enough, and (B) the dashboard curves outward (toward the driver and passenger) in the center area.

I am 6'8" and I can just fit my flat hand between my left kneecap and the dashboard. But on the right side, my knee cap is jammed right up against the dashboard. (Yes, I did bring the height adjustment to its lowest setting and I tried both powered and manual seats.)

This is a very poor design by Toyota, and shows how form won out over function with the interior design team.

It's very frustrating for us big people how car manufacturers do not take larger humans into account when designing cars. I can count on one hand the number of vehicles that I actually fit in (not counting pickup trucks) and that is not the way it should be.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
itas not a poor design. How many people are 6'-8"???? LOL They have to design for the masses.. Not for the less then .05%.. If they designed the car for people that are 6'-8" and would piss off the 95% of the owners who are of average height. Think how far into the rear passengers foot are the front seat tracks will have to go.. and IF they did design the car to occomdate 6'-8" people they would also have to design it for the other spectrum.. The 4'-3" people. Come on..

·
Registered
25 Posts
flyingn said:
itas not a poor design.
I'm 6"7" and I disagree as I feel that it is poor designing. The seat would only need to go back another notch or two and it would be perfect. This would have been simple to do when they were changing the overall size. It is drivable for me but I would not want to head cross country.

I still like it. :)

A

·
0 Posts
At 6'2" I've noticed that, no matter how I adjust the seat, my right knee hits either the ignition key or the dashboard. Perhaps I have unusually long legs but the fact remains that I didn't have this problem with my previous car. I love my RAV4 - the best vehicle I've ever owned - but it's impossible to ignore this poor design. I really wish the seat would move back further and this coming from someone who is not all that much taller than the average guy. Luckily, there are plenty of good things to focus on in this car.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts