Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Let’s hear those car names…. 🚗

4141 Views 39 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  hammerhead
I am a firm believer that when you give your car a name, it gives it more of a personal connection with it. You feel more connected when you drive it, clean it, and maintain it.

I’ve always been a traditionalist with old school names with my Dodge vehicles (Christine, Dorothy, etc). I decided to call our new ride Nyoko which is Japanese for gem or treasure.

Let’s hear some of those names :)
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
543 Posts
My 98 Rav is Decker, 07 Camry is Coyote, 01 Camry is Sultan, 89 Celica is Blue Bomber. They all have a reason for their names too.

Decker is a class from Shadowrun and is kinda the opposite of what he is, so it's ironic.

Coyote is a nice tan color and reminds me of dessert coyotes.

Sultan is a Collector Edition and quite rare, making him the top of the heigherarcy. I was going to name him King but that is more of a dog's name plus he's silver and gold, very Sultan like.

Blue Bomber is a very nice dark blue color and he has a Mega Man charm hanging off his rear tow point.

· Registered
Car: red, with some black trim
380 Posts
the car itself has no name, none of our cars ever have, however the 2 car keys each have a name. Simply because when I bought the car used, one of the keys had a key tag with a mans name on it. So we gave the other key a personal name too.

· Registered
9,937 Posts
We view our vehicles as appliances rather than as people or other living things. Even includes my motorcycle. So, no names.

• Sad
Reactions: juniorkirk

· Registered
2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid
373 Posts
I named mine Blue. I got her right before a snow storm hit and she handled it like a champ and I said "you're my girl, Blue" referencing the movie Old School, but girl instead of boy. As soon as I said that (literally out loud with only me being in the RAV) I instantly thought of Blue from Jurassic World. So, with those two things, her name officially became Blue that day. I also 3D printed out a little velociraptor that I keep in my storage area under the climate controls
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive design Electric blue Cameras & optics

· Registered
423 Posts
We have various names for our new RAV 4 Hybrid LE. Right now we call it the "Toy Car". Short for Toyota. Our other name is the "Mouse Car" .
Second car is a 2012 Subaru; a larger, heavier Subaru Tribeca. Both cars are essentially the same Ruby Red color, so we can't differentiate them by color.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

I like that Lunar Rock color, but we needed a car quickly, and this color, model, with cross traffic/blind spot was already allocated to a dealer here in Vermont. We received the car, 5 weeks after putting down our deposit. Built in Kentucky.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts