Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Let’s hear those car names…. 🚗

4110 Views 39 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  hammerhead
I am a firm believer that when you give your car a name, it gives it more of a personal connection with it. You feel more connected when you drive it, clean it, and maintain it.

I’ve always been a traditionalist with old school names with my Dodge vehicles (Christine, Dorothy, etc). I decided to call our new ride Nyoko which is Japanese for gem or treasure.

Let’s hear some of those names :)
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
I think I'm going to call our 2020 XSE "El Cheapo". I'm slowly begining to lose my patience and dislike it since Toyota refused to fix the cheap, flimsy rear hatch hinges problem which I will end up paying out of my own pockets.
I've already started looking to replace it with... maybe a Lexus "UX"?...

· Registered
2 Posts
I am a firm believer that when you give your car a name, it gives it more of a personal connection with it. You feel more connected when you drive it, clean it, and maintain it.

I’ve always been a traditionalist with old school names with my Dodge vehicles (Christine, Dorothy, etc). I decided to call our new ride Nyoko which is Japanese for gem or treasure.

Pascal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4 Posts

I didnt give it any name is a Rav4! ITS A MACHINE!

· Registered
456 Posts
Mine is a 2012 in that red color, I forget the name - Barcelona maybe. I called her Rosie, here is why: my grandmother died in 2009. She had told my mom to give me money after her house was sold, which my mom did. I then bought a Mercury Mariner which ended up being a TOTAL LEMON...a year or so later after yet another problem, I traded it in and got the Rav4. My grandmother's name was Rose. Thus...Rosie!

· Registered
4 Posts
Of all the vehicles I’ve owned I never named them. Until i bought my 2020 then I named it money maker kinda as a joke because I use it as my work vehicle. My wife has a 22 sienna and she calls it mommy van. We have them names this way in the app as well.

· Registered
4 Posts

We had a 2003 rav blue. Small, blue, SMURF what else. gave it to bro in law still going in it. 285k

· Registered
13 Posts

I call my Prime SE "The Hen". This is partly because I purchased early when they were "rare as hen's teeth."

· Registered
2021 R4P XSE, Premium, SS Red
87 Posts

Our super sonic red R4P is "Ruby". Our 2011 Prius is "Henry T. Hybrid" but prefers to just go by Henry.

· Super Moderator
12,905 Posts
Thread moved to Lounge since it applies to all generation RAV4s.

· Registered
51 Posts
as in the other post, 1 of the members here & 2 of my neighbours have randomly call my Rav 4 - "stormtrooper" (star wars) mostly because of the stripes on the hood and the nudge bar...seems to be a popular choice for those with a white Rav 4 with black trim, so "stormtrooper' it is...(i might have to get a decal printed) :p cheers
Wheel Car Tire Cloud Sky

· Registered
12 Posts
My white 2022 is named Luke. My friend was looking straight on and said “it looks like a storm trooper helmet”. First thing that went through my head was “it’s a little small for a storm trooper”. Luke, I’m naming him Luke.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts