Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face it; Our RAV4 are going into the ten year range.

Lets face it, car manufactures make parts ten years after the car come out, that is it. What is left is what is in their warehouses

Lets face it; we are running out of time.

Lets face it, this was the reason why we bought a Toyota in the first place.

Are we willing to do another 5 or 6 years paying another car? I don't think so. It is to cool having your check, your entire check every 15 or so days. Then you look at your RAV4 and you owe it to it.

How does it look? Need tires? Need a paint job? Seat covers? A Polish andWax. Well, this is the time you have to really look at your RAv4 and really do what you have been waiting for since last year or so.

This week I installed a set of (you guess it) seat covers. Tomorrow I'm polishing and waxing it. I've been too busy at work and at the university and I've just been hammering the RAV4orce too much lately. What my RAV4 has done? Just give me good service. What you invest is what you are going to get out of it. Time to re-invest again for the next ten years.

BTW, I've install an ALPINE AMP. 40W RMS. sounds 8)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Very interesting post Mensagero. That thought has crossed my mind a few times regarding availability of parts in the next decade or so. I've never kept a car for any great length of time for this to be a concern so far. The RAV though, I would like to keep as long as possible considering it has such low miles.

Mensagero, here's a question I've been curious to ask you. If you had to get another vehicle for whatever reason (i.e. accident, stolen, etc.); what would it be? Just curious. :D

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like they say in my country. "I'll smoke it to the end" I'll keep the RAV4 until it rolls over and dies, by itself. Of course the other two ways is that it's stole or I wreck it.

The majority of the decisions that we take regarding the well-being of our families are economical. So, once they come to a certain age, you, as a parent, must count on their opinion also. What problem do I have know? My son legs are too long to site in the back seat of my RAV4. Even though he doesn't complain, [God bless his soul] he sites sideways in the rear seat. Taking that very important issue into consideration, I'll have to look at a 4Runner with all the accessories that come with it. This way I won't have to tweak with it. So then I can just tweak some more with the old Raver. [SO MORE?]
:wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mensajero, my thoughts exactly, i will own my Rav until it turns dust or like you say stolen or i wreck it. Thats why i have been asking all these questions now about rebuilding. Also i will have to lower it. Bought a rear spoiler with brake light for $150US in Jamaica (which by the way is where i am originally from). I even got my CAI haven't put it in yet though

That was quite a list of parts you posted for me in my rebuilding, but i also need to know for each item the ones to get so i can have more power, and performance. Aha lets see how you do with that one. Got a idea, pack your Rav and move to Canada so we can get this done:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts