Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Lets see them Exterior Upgrades!!

31K views 64 replies 29 participants last post by  jeff_7244 
#1 ·
What have y’all done to your Rav4?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#7 ·

Got a Front Runner rack (grab on style), with an ARB awning.
I have recovery boards mounted to the underside of the rack, and we have a Dometic 50 in our trunk, plugged into the back outlet (with the dometic battery for backup).
Waiting on the lockdown to end so we can get our iKamper Mini installed!

Next on the list: light bar, ditch lights, skid plates.

#31 ·
I’m slow with the mods because I don’t want to just install the same thing as everyone else so I’m still researching a lot of options. Still needing to install ditch lights, light bar, roof rack, some kind of custom front bumper with a winch... So far, did a stacked spacer/spring lift kit, wheels/tires, fog light upgrade, smoked mirror light, and custom matte black wrap.... feel free to follow the build on IG @stealthrav4

#32 ·
I’m slow with the mods because I don’t want to just install the same thing as everyone else so I’m still researching a lot of options. Still needing to install ditch lights, light bar, roof rack, some kind of custom front bumper with a winch... So far, did a stacked spacer/spring lift kit, wheels/tires, fog light upgrade, smoked mirror light, and custom matte black wrap.... feel free to follow the build on IG @stealthrav4

View attachment 166044
Nice ride!

Could you post your lift details? Digging through a bunch of comments and.... Stories?... to find stuff on Instagram is the worst thing in the First World :p.

So far I have found...
16x8 - 10
245/75R16 245/75R16 Toyo Open Country MTs.

Thanks!

#38 ·

Here's my daily driver/camping rig! Still looking to install a couple few things more but here's the build so far:

LP Aventure Wheels LP1 17x7.5 et20
Falken Tire Wildpeak AT3W 245/65/17
OEM Trailer Hitch
Laminx Films Front Emblem Cover
Baja Designs Fog Lights Squadron Sport
BD Chase Lights S2 Sport
BD Ditch Lights S2 Sport
BD Lightbar S8 40"
Ijdmtoy Grille Lights
Trigger Controller 4 Plus
Plano All Weather Gun Case × 2
ARB Awning 6.5' × 8.5'
Maxtrax Recovery Boards
Prinsu Design Roof Rack

#40 ·
Got the exterior mods listed below. It's been fun building this RAV4 and keep battling with what to do next. I think I might find a place to do some custom color vinyl stripes to add some color various parts of the body. But she's definitely a vehicle that makes me happy driving on the daily.

Falken Wildpeak A/T 235/60/18 tires
KMC KM708 wheels
Prinsu Design Roof Rack
Roam Adventure Co. 95L rugged case
Toyota OEM Hitch
Mid-Atlantic Off-Roading Sequential turn signal lights

Check me out on Insta @thetravelinghomie

#43 · (Edited)
  1. Gloss black grill swap
  2. Black out emblem kit
  3. Smoke LED sequential turn signals
  4. Rear bumper sill along with interior sills
  5. Replaced all interior lights to LED (picture to come)
  6. Rear exhaust converted to black Toyota OEM tips
  7. LED Fog light conversion
  8. Gloss Black door handle covers

Attachments

#64 ·
Hey, I am looking to swap the grill on my XSE to the gloss black as well.
Could you answer a couple of questions?
Do you have the parking sensors?
Where did you get the black grill? Part number?
Did you swap it yourself? Cost?

Any help you could give would be appreciated!

#50 ·
Over the course of a year I have accumulated ( stole ) many ideas on this forum to create my self proclaimed "Sport LE Hybrid". Aftermarket wheels/tires, Autoclover window visors, DG exhaust tips, blacked out badges, hood wrap, AVS bug deflector,
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Plant
brake caliper covers, tinted back-up lights, and my own Sport badging on the sides and rear. Some stuff under the hood and interior too,
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window
Vehicle registration plate Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle
Vehicle registration plate Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle
but this is an exterior improvements thread.

#51 ·
Over the course of a year I have accumulated ( stole ) many ideas on this forum to create my self proclaimed "Sport LE Hybrid". Aftermarket wheels/tires, Autoclover window visors, DG exhaust tips, blacked out badges, hood wrap, AVS bug deflector, brake caliper covers, tinted back-up lights, and my own Sport badging on the sides and rear. Some stuff under the hood and interior too, buthis is an exterior improvements thread.
Looks awesome! Like the caliper covers!

#53 ·
You gotta love that blue lighting ! I had a Gen 3 Rav, didn't quite look like yours, but I loved that car until it was t-boned and totaled. I see you are a new member. You are posting in the 4.5 section of the forum and others with the same model year as yours may not get to see your awesome upgrades if you don't post in the 4.3 section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.