Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Do we need feature to post PHOTOS in messages?

• Yes - Current system is a hassle.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Current ALBUM system is fine.

• Don't care - I don't post photos.

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone , I recieved a PM from Ravman aka Kelly and he asked me to post my question here so it can be open for comments by everyone , so here it is . I asked why this site IMO was such a hassle to post pictures on and suggested that more people would post pics if there was a " manage attachments button " added to the post and reply screens . Again IMO this would be a better way to view pics and I believe there would be more pictures to help everyone . What do you guys think ?

P

·
0 Posts
I'm definitely for it - other forums I'm on have it, but it needs policing to make sure people don't abuse upload levels.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Posting pictures is easy. Here is a 1990 picture when I was in the ARMY in Fort Benning. Yeah, I was the guide arm.

Regarding picture posting, well, the old timer here always use photobucket.com with no problem at all. We use to post picture directly on the forum. But the lack of space, we all cooperated with Kelly and opened an account with PB.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Space is NOT an issue now. Last time I checked our site was using around 260 megs. We are currently paying for 5000 mgs and UNLIMITED bandwidth :shock: 8) I went with these amounts because I didn't want to run into the problems we had in the past by using a cut-rate hosting company. :?

My thinking was that our current ALBUM system was sufficient. If I receive enough input on this topic leaning towards adding the feature of being able to upload/post photos DIRECTLY into messages when posting... I will certainly look into adding that feature. :D

mensajero - I see your R4W ALBUM is empty. Have you tried this feature? Click on the ALBUM icon under any of YOUR postings to try it out 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kelly , I use my album and will use it alot more . Just thought we could all share info easier . If space is not an issue maybe put it in for a short amount of time and see what the reactions are . I tried to add a poll to this thread but must have goofed . Feel free to add poll . :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
If there's plenty of space than I don't object. As long as it does not get filled up and my Album gets bumped!! Then heads will roll :evil:

:lol: :lol:

One thing I would luv to see is a MODS & MAINTENANCE section with details and maybe all the good info from relative posts that would make sharing experiences and learning easier.

In it would be a Step by Step procedure on Installation and listing the options of available Products and their level of quality.

These would include:

Oil change,
Brake change,
Fluid change,
General Lube
Rust Proofing
Tire Maintenance
Trailer hitch install/ class
Headlight replacement / adjust

Even if the person is not a Do It Yourselfer, at least they will now what to ask for and treat there RAV well. :thumbs_up:

Cheers, Walt :D

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
waltrav said:
If there's plenty of space than I don't object. As long as it does not get filled up and my Album gets bumped!!
...snip...
One thing I would luv to see is a MODS & MAINTENANCE section...
I can GUARANTEE that if we add a new feature that allows posting/uploading photos in messages... our current ALBUM feature will remain intact and will NOT get bumped from the system 8)

Regarding MODS... we've started this section :arrow: http://rav4world.com/mods/mods.html I guess it could be renamed to "MODS/MAINTENANCE". I've got a folder on my desktop that I'm saving articles in for future updates to the MODS section. I currently have two saved -
1. http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4502
2. http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4657

I also plan on contacting ChimChim to ask permission to copy/share some of his mods to our section --> http://www.chimchim.net/rav4/main/modsmain.htm
And of course we should also try to contact Antoine to see if we can use some of his --> http://web.archive.org/web/20050220070943/mywebpages.comcast.net/apharamond/rav4/id87.htm

If you RAVers have any other articles you would like added to our MODS section... send me a PM

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Kelly,

Are you saying that with the new system you can upload photos right from your hard drive into your posts? If so, yeah I'm in favor of it. Now it's a three step process - Hard drive to album or internet website to post. Eliminating one step would definitely encourage us to post more pics. Just my $.02......

OC

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
waltrav said:
If there's plenty of space than I don't object. As long as it does not get filled up and my Album gets bumped!! Then heads will roll :evil:

:lol: :lol:

One thing I would luv to see is a MODS & MAINTENANCE section with details and maybe all the good info from relative posts that would make sharing experiences and learning easier.

In it would be a Step by Step procedure on Installation and listing the options of available Products and their level of quality.

These would include:

Oil change,
Brake change,
Fluid change,
General Lube
Rust Proofing
Tire Maintenance
Trailer hitch install/ class
Headlight replacement / adjust

Even if the person is not a Do It Yourselfer, at least they will now what to ask for and treat there RAV well. :thumbs_up:

Cheers, Walt :D
Piece of cake

Haah tarta sauce, I just changed the oil yesterday. :?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Kelly sounds great. :D

Hope ChimChim, Antoine and others let you use some good stuff.

If you want my page or future pages you can have them and add, modify or adjust them if necessary.

I just did a Brake & Steering fluid flush and the Toyota manual, even though it is excellent can sometimes be a bit vague on procedure.

Also, it was a bit dark out when I topped off the Brake Fluid and when she dropped I was fooled by the permanent stain on it. So I wasted 40 minutes trying to get the air out. Simple suggestions on these things to watch out for go along way.

Mensajero, your pic looks like it was taken from one of those good Hollywood movies. :D

Cheers, Walt

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
waltrav said:
Kelly sounds great. :D

Hope ChimChim, Antoine and others let you use some good stuff.

If you want my page or future pages you can have them and add, modify or adjust them if necessary.

I just did a Brake & Steering fluid flush and the Toyota manual, even though it is excellent can sometimes be a bit vague on procedure.

Also, it was a bit dark out when I topped off the Brake Fluid and when she dropped I was fooled by the permanent stain on it. So I wasted 40 minutes trying to get the air out. Simple suggestions on these things to watch out for go along way.

Mensajero, your pic looks like it was taken from one of those good Hollywood movies. :D

Cheers, Walt
Really, that isn't what my 214 says. Airborne. Ask a veteren, he knows what a 214 is. That IS the real deal waltrav. Have another one. Love those Corcoran Jump Boots.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Just read that version phpBB3/Olympus will have the ability to upload photos directly into messages.

Question now is... do we wait for version 3.0 with the feature included... or do I update/mod our current 2.0.20 version... and then possibly lose all posted photos when we upgrade to version 3.0 :roll: :? :lol:

Maybe I'll go with the UPDATE/MOD now... then when version 3.0 comes out we can ARCHIVE our current forum/format and start FRESH with 3.0.

I'll look into this further.

Later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts