Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on getting a hands free solution for my phone up and running. After exploring some of the phone holder threads, I sprung for a suction cup solution for holding my Xperia Z5C. Unfortunately, the suction cup repeatedly came loose after sitting just a few minutes, in PARK! I need another solution.

After revisiting some discussions here, I found the PanaVise solution.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-4-3-interior/70837-anyone-have-any-clever-gps-mounts-4.html#post838090

Has anyone else here used PanaVise? It looks like EricJ has not logged on at R4W since 2015. One concern I have is that a review mentions that phones mounted flat to the bracket end up reflecting a lot of sunlight. Also EricJ's final mount is meant for a Garmin; are there any pivoting phone holders which are compatible with this?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This works utterly brilliantly for me (it is Panavise-based):

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-4-3-interior/91842-any-suggestions-cell-phone-gps-holder-3.html#post1836746

I've been using it every time I get in the RAV (even just when charging the phone to get it out of the way) for almost 2 years now, no problems at all.

Can't recommend it enough. While it's not pivoting, I've never had problems with glare. Maybe there are other pivoting attachments that work with the Panavise base or ARKON mount adapter plate?

Also, the spring clips are strong enough that you can mount the device at an angle, e.g. tilting forward or back. That would be especially true if the device has a rubber wrap-around case, which would provide more friction against the arms.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
We have a phone holder that goes into the CD player slot.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1222408&gclid=CjwKEAjwq5LHBRCN0YLf9-GyywYSJAAhOw6m-RrtNOjlJl6neePimdjHnh3Thf7qeubq3fkbOZx4VRoCo7Dw_wcB&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876,{creative},{keyword}&A=details&Q=
Not exactly this one but similar. It was gifted to me. At first I was skeptical. Thought it might ruin our CD player. But I hardly ever play CD's now. We have had it since the car is new. Though we do not use it daily it has been almost 5 years and not an issue.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My phone has no rubber case around it, as is the situation with the phone shown in the image above.

Today I played with having it in the holder tilted back and tilted forward and tilted to the left (more towards the driver) and it seemed to hold the phone just fine, no problems in any of those orientations.

I very seriously doubt glare would ever be a significant issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the Panavise and returned it. Maybe it was because of the AMPS mount for my iPhone, but it stuck out too much and jiggled when I drove. I mean alot. I ended up with a Proclip instead and it's off to the right of the HVAC controls. That's where it is on my Infiniti, too (Panavise). The Proclip is ok. Not as clean looking as the Panavise, but it's positioned better for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased this CD-phone holder about a month ago and I love it ([New Rectangle Design] CD Slot Magnetic Car Mount Holder, for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-Snap Technology, Magnetic Cell Phone Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CRD3LAI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_5A4zAd3EkeeYP ). I put the steel pad on the inside of my phone case and haven't had a problem. It hold the phone steady and the mount itself is sturdy inside the CD-slot.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used a scosche magnetic mount. Comes with double sided tape that holds up really good! Except I've had it on a couple cases so no longer have the tape but use a 2 part glue and holds great. Have the same set up in my cement truck with no issues. I also have it mounted just above the 4wd button to the left of the radio

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts