Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm struggling to find a form with knowledgeable diyers. I bought a 2008 Lexus RX 400H, the SUV hybrid version about 6 months ago. I'm thinking it's pretty similar to a RAV4 hybrid? The bells and whistles may be different, but are the main mechanics the same?
I need to start working on this myself.
I just got ripped off by a shop that charged me $403 to install a rear wheel bearing assembly that I supplied. Basically, I didn't know the 12 point axle hub nut size or I would have done it. The local parts store said it is 31mm which they didn't have and I don't believe anyway.
Which year and model Toyota is closest to my 2008 Lexus RX400h?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Somehow when I was searching, I missed the Club Lexus Forum. I'm on Lexus Club of MS, bit it's not very active and not much help. Club Lexus looks much better. Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, this is all new to me. I drove Toyotas years ago... Tercel, a couple of Corollas, and 2 diesel Landcruisers. In fact, I rebuilt the engine in one of them. Since about 1993, I've had Alfa 164s and rebuilt one of those engines also. This Lexus is the 1st OBD car I've owned. Quite an experience trying to figure it out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Richard2
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing