Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
i went inexpensive

bought the $3.95 black stippled plastic plate brackets down at Walmart. In NY, clear plastic cover is illegal, so left that off. Made sure I used matching black screws, and they look great. Where the rear plate is located, will never have to worry about it, but the front one, if it gets gummed up after a couple years, just buy another one. From anything more than 12 inches away, you can't tell if they are $3 or $ 50 dollar ones.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point sayers. I had a store credit at VIP, so I got some black metal ones ... much better than the white plastic dealer frames and look nice on a black RAV.

K

·
0 Posts
anyone come up with a good way to mount a license plate in front on a 2006 RAV? i hate to drill holes through the bumper. ther should be a bracket available.
thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
front plate bracket

Here's the catch....you can cleanly put holes into the front bumper by putting the screws through the plate onto the bumper. OR if you find a front plate bracket, you can cleanly put holes into the front bumper by putting screws through the bracket onto the bumper. With either one, you will need to tap into the bumper.

Z

·
0 Posts
tape?

I use double sided tape. The foam ones for mounting picture frames on walls.

K

·
0 Posts
Re: front plate bracket

sayers said:
Here's the catch....you can cleanly put holes into the front bumper by putting the screws through the plate onto the bumper. OR if you find a front plate bracket, you can cleanly put holes into the front bumper by putting screws through the bracket onto the bumper. With either one, you will need to tap into the bumper.
Thanks for the enlightening bit of advice. :wink: Perhaps a little forethought and you'd think how a bracket could mount to the existing holes on concealed parts behind the grill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts